PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Temp`s Sealant

Sherman8r44
09-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Has anyone tried Hi-Temp`s long term sealant, or any of the one step products that TOL sells?

Sherman8r44
09-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Nobody?

PaulTso
09-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Nope. guess not. that means u need to buy it and review it for us.

Sherman8r44
09-10-2005, 12:47 AM
:lol: I guess so...

PaulTso
09-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Search autopia.org. Somebody used it with positive results.

AL-53
09-10-2005, 04:00 PM
If your talking of the product "Terminator" product number HT62..It is not a bad product......very reflective..slick....and pretty durable....2-3 coats last winter did fine....but make sure your prep is good..the better the prep the better it looks....the cleaner the paint the better....I have used a few products by Hi-Temp and have been happy with all....The poly spray is also good to beef it up after all is done..I got some recently as a promo deal...but had no info on it..posted here but no one really had any info...

TOL`s webpage said it removes all wax or sealants already on vehicle..not true..called Hi-Temp and they said it was a urethane QD...complementing the Terminator sealant....and will not remove sealants....

You will Be happy...

Al

Sherman8r44
09-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Thank You very much for the great info, Al, but just to clarify--it`s OK to use the PolyPlate immediately after the sealant, rite?

AL-53
09-10-2005, 05:41 PM
wait a day before using poly-plate.....the poly plate is a QD sealant combo product....it also says to wait 36 hours before washing....

AL

Houckster
04-25-2012, 05:15 PM
I`ve been using the Hi-Temp "Terminator" HT-62 for several years and it is an excellent product. There are two priorities when using this sealant: 1) Apply a very thin coat because it will be very difficult to remove if you put it on too thickly so I get the best results with a DA polisher; 2) The curing period is 36 hours so nothing should go on the sealant until after that time. I usually apply two coats for a bare surface.

The curing time is long but worth it.

I have also used this product with some Polycharger additive. This product is supposed to increase the density of the polymer coating making it more resistant to deterioration and forming an even more impenetrable barrier to stuff like bird droppings and bug splats. I have gotten very good results. I believe HT-62 is water-based so I use the water version of Polycharger.

I have noticed something interesting about this combination. Some of the Polycharger is not absorbed and there`s usually some accumulation in the final mix. It still works just fine but I suspect that Terminator is already has a very dense polymer structure that may account for the long curing time.

Finally, Terminator tends to bead water pretty aggressively and this is important because I usually add some 3M #39526 Perfect-It Show Car paste wax after the 36 hour curing period for the second coat to protect the sealant and to add some depth of shine. In contrast to the Terminator sealant, it tends to sheet water. By using these products together, I can tell when waxing needs to be done again when the water starts beading rather than sheeting off.

Hope this helps.

See my Ranger with Terminator sealant. (http://www.topoftheline.com/16ozmaxpains.html)

Old Pirate
04-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow, this is a old thread from over 6 yrs ago, even most of the folks were banned too.

Rsurfer
04-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow, this is a old thread from over 6 yrs ago, even most of the folks were banned too.:lol2::yourrock:yourrock