PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever try this? mixing leftovers

Pages : [1] 2

8Banger
08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
excuse me if this is just a stupid idea, but:

so i was reorganizing today since i got a new shelf in. (more products, more space) well i found an empty bottle of aqua wax, lucas gloss enhancer on it`s way out...some almost empty uqd, etc. etc.

well i am thinking about taking a small bottle and just throwing all my almost empty and bottom of the bottle spray waxes, quick detailers, etc. into it and see what i come up with :grinno:. funny idea and im sure someone has done it already. so what did you guys come up with and how were the results?

i mean cmon, we all hate throwing products away, even if there is only a tiny bit left :p

jesselyons2002
08-19-2008, 11:57 PM
I did that with all my cleaner waxes, sealants and waxes.

qwertydude
08-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I mixed some really old and watery TW clear coat cleaner with some dried out 3m rubbing compound and surprisingly the result worked better than either one new. Faster cutting and it finished off better.

BigAl3
08-20-2008, 12:34 AM
i had some AW (few ounces left), and emptied it into a bottle of fx spray wax that was about half full and it worked pretty well...

-Longhorn-
08-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Ive mixed my own waxes all the time from others.

The best mix so far is 2 parts Nattys blue to 1 part Megs #16 to 1 part PS. Lasts long and gives a deep shimmer

imported_mobenzowner
08-20-2008, 08:26 AM
I had about a 1/4 bottle each of dgps and 4* upp. Mixed them together and it works great. Still easy on, easy off, looks great, and durability seems fine. Just have to shake real well before using.

JasonC8301
08-20-2008, 08:43 AM
I wouldn`t recommend it but you can always try.

I`ll keep to mixing detailing products to the likes of mixing different alcohols, not something I personally would do.

Bigpoppa3346
08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I cooked up some XMT180 and FK Pink Wax just for sh!ts and giggles, (I felt like I was cooking up crack), but I spilled the damn thing when it was still hot all over my sock and garage floor.

I`ve also mixed some AW and some Sonus QD I wasn`t wild about, I guess you could do it, it still didn`t perform as well as some of my favorite QDs.

Mindflux
08-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Don`t go mixing things, certain members won`t consider you a "professional" if you stray outside of the manufacturer`s directions. :scared:

Asphalt Rocket
08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
That is not what was implied on DB. You need to grow up.

Mindflux
08-20-2008, 10:46 AM
That is not what was implied on DB. You need to grow up.

That`s exactly what was implied. Shall I quote you Dana?

:sign

Asphalt Rocket
08-20-2008, 10:48 AM
No it sure wasn`t, maybe you should reread everything and speaking of owned, thats eaxctly what I did to you on DB.

Mindflux
08-20-2008, 10:51 AM
No it sure wasn`t, maybe you should reread everything and speaking of owned, thats eaxctly what I did to you on DB.

Yeah all of your back pedaling when Carlos stepped in and your half truths sure owned me. :laugh:

I hear what you are saying, but it is funny alot of us top guys that do this, all do the samething and dont mix stuff around and work that given polish to its fullest then there is the rest that want to mix stuff and skip steps. So with that being said I feel there is a certain way to really get the best out a finish, so that says something about who really has the skill and doesn`t, and when people that really know what they are talking about are criticized for being haters or not being nice is because like they say the truth hurts.

What you are IMPLYING (your words) is that if you have to mix things you are taking short cuts. Later you go on to say that `the big dogs`, naming RickRack, RyDog, gmblack3a as `big dogs` (which they are) as not needing to be improvisational.

Asphalt Rocket
08-20-2008, 11:02 AM
You still are not proving your point, once again name calling. You were owned on DB and there was no back peddeling and if you read the pm`s I got from Nica you would have your tail between your legs. It just seems like you were the guy in high school that bullied around and no have to go around and call people names. Have fun over here being the little sissy boy you are with your name calling. I proved my point on DB and thats all there is too it, now you want to carry this on because I irked you anbd owned you on DB. You can not let it go, so who really got the better of who on there, just drop it like an adult and move on in life. It is sad to see that I bother you so much in your life that you are taking time out of your day to try and bash me on another forum. You are just showing members in here that you still have a childish mentallity. I hope someday you grow up and not let little things like this bother you or you will stress yourself to the point where it will affect your health.

RIDDLE
08-20-2008, 11:42 AM
:LOLOL this isnt going to last long.

and to the op, i love mixing waxes, if only i had more waxes to mix...