PDA

View Full Version : Which Wash Shampoo w/ Hard Water??

Pages : [1] 2

whatjigg
08-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I`ve been using Meg`s Gold Class for a while now but I haven`t been all that impressed with the results with respect to suds lasting and drying too quickly. I also don`t find that it cleans all that well. A typical car wash for me is a sprint to get the car washed as fast as possible before the suds dry on the car :buffing:. Or it involves washing one panel at a time with tons of rinsing before and after each panel which is brutally slow. I should also mention that I`m washing a NBP Honda, so spotting is an issue.

As per what the problem is here, I`m thinking it could be related to the hard water my house has. I`ve tried higher concentrations of Meg`s GC but get the same results.

Essentially I`m looking for a wash that works well with hard water with suds that never die. Sorry, but I`m not looking for recommendations from those who use softened water as I`m convinced that`s a totally different ball game. I`m considering trying DG901 and PB`s but I`m prety well open to anything.

Thank you for any and all comments & suggestions!

BigAl3
08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0901.jpg :up

tom p.
08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
HAH! I was going to make the same rec.

dublifecrisis
08-18-2008, 01:01 PM
and if you`re washing the entire car before any rinsing, that is generally a no-no. Panel by panel might be time consuming but it`s a much better choice.

btw- I also would have suggested the DG901 and I often throw a capful of ONR in my bucket : )

Douxebris
08-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I have extremely hard well water here. The carwash I have found to work the best for me is Megs NXT, as it has softeners in it that do a good job of taming the water. I used Gold Class before this, and it didn`t perform nearly as well as the NXT.

pwaug
08-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I`ve had very good results with hard water using Optimum Car Wash at the regular rate of 1 OZ per gallon. Produces very thick suds that cling to the car and a very slick wash water.

whatjigg
08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
do you think i would see a big difference between upon switching to DG901 from GC?

BlueLibby04
08-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I have extremely hard well water here. The carwash I have found to work the best for me is Megs NXT, as it has softeners in it that do a good job of taming the water. I used Gold Class before this, and it didn`t perform nearly as well as the NXT.

Ive also noticed that NXT does a bit better with hard water.

I recently picked up some test strips at lowes to test for hard water and found that our water is about as hard as it gets. The test strips were free so Im going to pick up a bunch to check my filters I use when washing and see how much they help. I can also test them from time to see when I need to soak it in salt.

Alfisti
08-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I have hard water and NXT works well for me. Not spot-free but better than others.

Then I finish with a QD to pick up any mineral residue my WW may leave behind.

whatjigg
08-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I have hard water and NXT works well for me. Not spot-free but better than others.

Then I finish with a QD to pick up any mineral residue my WW may leave behind.

yes that`s what i almost always end up doing after washing my car

mixxer
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
DP extreme,duragloss,optimum

wannafbody
08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Zaino Z7 and Megs NXT work great in my hard water.

mblgjr
08-18-2008, 11:52 PM
NXT works great with hard water.

Meg`s Hyper wash does too.

Poorboy`s SuperSlick and Wax does; I`m sure SSS would be similar.

whatjigg
08-19-2008, 12:03 PM
well i`ll give NXT & DG901 a whirl and see what happens

wascallyrabbit
08-20-2008, 06:37 AM
you could always try onr. for me onr has relived water spotting, and saves me a lot of time.