PDA

View Full Version : Strongest wheel cleaner that is safe for the environment

MCWD
08-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Any suggestions on what wheel cleaners that are top performers and safe for the environment are? I have been using ONR, and for the really tricky wheels I use harsher chemicals that say they are safe. I am curious what cleaners are working well and are safe. Also, I know the wheel cleaners I use aren`t good to breath in. Does anyone know of any that don`t affect breathing? Although wearing a mask works, I would rather have better products for every aspect.:waxing:

mose
08-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I am starting to use my Steam Cleaner for more and more stuff now. I am looking forward to my next set of dirty wheels so I can try it on them!!

Driven Auto Detail
08-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Optimum Power Clean

BigAl3
08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Optimum Power Clean

how does this compare to let`s say megs apc+? i`m getting low, so this might be a suitable replacement (haven`t been letdown by any optimum product yet). also, what dilution ratio`s can be used?

Driven Auto Detail
08-18-2008, 04:55 PM
While I have used APC+ on tires and wells in the past, OPC is one of the best tire/wheel cleaners I`ve ever used. The first time I used it was on my own truck which I keep clean. I was amazed at how dirt came off the tires. OPC can also be diluted 3:1, which is what Scottwax uses on wheels/tires I believe.

EDIT: Plus, I don`t believe APC+ is labeled as an "eco-friendly" cleaner.

BigAl3
08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
While I have used APC+ on tires and wells in the past, OPC is one of the best tire/wheel cleaners I`ve ever used. The first time I used it was on my own truck which I keep clean. I was amazed at how dirt came off the tires. OPC can also be diluted 3:1, which is what Scottwax uses on wheels/tires I believe.

thanks for the input :up . though the OPC is about twice as much as other APC`s, i am willing to give it a shot as i have yet to be dissappointed with optimum products as i previously mentioned...

MCWD
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the input guys!

ReDaLeRt
08-25-2008, 05:38 AM
Try using some hot water during wheel washing with some strong car shampoo or any steam cleaning system. :nixweiss

[[]]

stilez
08-25-2008, 06:54 AM
P21s Wheel Cleaner

P21s Wheel Gel