PDA

View Full Version : looking for a soap that will work...

atsoca
08-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi all I am currently using

Opti seal,Collinite IW 845, and collinite 915 marque de elegance

with some optimum,Lucas quick detail sprays

I am lookin for a car wash soap that will help preserve the other products (make them last).

thanx for all and any suggestions

Rob

Accumulator
08-17-2008, 09:16 AM
atsoca- Welcome to Autopia!

I use Griot`s pretty much exclusively, and it`s very gentle on LSPs. Sure doesn`t compromise Collinite at all. Kinda pricey though. A less expensive alternative would be DuraGloss (which I haven`t tried, but people I respec/trust like it). Somebody`s gonna mention Meguiar`s Gold Class (which I`m not all that impressed with, but it isn`t *bad* stuff) or even TurtleWax ICE (which I haven`t tried), both of those are popular OTC shampoos. Still...there`s a reason why I`ll pay through the nose for the Griot`s, IMO it`s simply the best shampoo on the market.

Dunno about the PolySeal, but IME Collinite isn`t really shampoo-sensitive, it even holds up when I use touchless carwashes. I`d worry more about cleaning power and, *especially*, lubricity.

Bigpoppa3346
08-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Duragloss is very slick and sudsy, however, when mixed too strong (I think it was that, plus not having been washed in a month), the 476s (similar to your 2 Collinite waxes) seemed sorta compromised after washing. This was the only the 3rd wash 3 months after application (so figure washed once every month), so the lack of proper care probably had something to do with it.

miahman98
08-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I use ONR for most of my washes. It very slick and leaves a nice shine. Plus it can be used for multiple purposes.

Neo410
08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
My vote is for the Ultima wash.

NCZ13
08-17-2008, 01:04 PM
ive recently started using optimum car wash, and its awesome. The smell is heavenly, and its highly concentrated, not nearly as pricey as other car wash, and it cleans pretty good too.

MCWD
08-17-2008, 03:53 PM
my vote is for optimum. If your looking for a good traditional soap, try the DP car shampoo. I recieved a sample of it and I use collinite as well... I did not see any issues with my wax applications being compromised. Stay well and good luck!