PDA

View Full Version : Truck Detail

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin Brown
08-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Recently, I spent some time dialing in a work-truck.

The owner decided to have it cleaned up, as it was no longer going to be used in the field.

Work Truck Detail 65+ pics...! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25974)

Thanks to Holden_C04 for mentioning that I should post the write-up here at Autopia.

I apologize for not taking the time to load the pics & text on this site, as I am a bit short on time this month- I didn`t want the write-up to get too old before reposting it here!

Holden_C04
08-16-2008, 12:56 PM
As I said before, this is an absolutely amazing job and everyone should check this out. It`s a transformation.

oN3fastSS
08-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Great turn around!!

imported_Sludge
08-16-2008, 04:27 PM
The attention to detail is amazing. Great job. :bow

Old Pirate
08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Great job, looks great!:xyxthumbs

P1et
08-16-2008, 04:54 PM
That cannot be the same truck, wow!

imported_weekendwarrior
08-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Simply Amazing. Part restoration, Part detail, just amazing.

Frito Bandito
08-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Excellent work for sure!

FYI - Your detail caught the attention of some guys over on performancetrucks.net as well.

Linky - I want mine done now! - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=422770)

imported_shine
08-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Truly a great job and attention to detail!

Kevin Brown
08-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Excellent work for sure!

FYI - Your detail caught the attention of some guys over on performancetrucks.net as well.

Linky - I want mine done now! - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=422770)

Oh, wow!

Hey- Thanks for telling me about this! I had no idea. :faint:

Thanks for the nice words, guys.

JohnHenry
08-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Excellent job and GREAT post! I learned so much by viewing your interior panel disassembly pics.

Thank you.

David703
08-16-2008, 09:18 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek: AMAZING!!!!

I would NEVER have the patience for that amount of detail work.. Did you say how long it took you?>??????????

imported_JoshVette
08-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Nice job, kind of restored it/detailed it.

Looks great, how long did the whole job take from start to finish.

Josh

Kevin Brown
08-16-2008, 11:18 PM
... Did you say how long it took you?>??????????

...Looks great, how long did the whole job take from start to finish?

Yes. I wrapped about fifty hours into the deal.

Since I figured twenty-five or so hours to finish the project (sight unseen), I was way off on my time-schedule.

Oh, well... It had to be done & it`s not like I stick to the timeline often, anyway.

If I`d had a hot water/steam unit, the chassis-work would have been maybe four hours less... And saved an hour or two on the engine.

I tried to pull the wheels, and by the second lug I gave up.

He`s just had new brakes installed, and those lugs had to be torqued to 150 lb/ft.

I didn`t need the drama of stripping a stud pulling them off, so I just did them on the truck. I could have saved a couple hours with them off (Better access to the back-sides, brakes, rotors, & front suspension).

Some things I didn`t take pics of- The window rubbers & felts, for instance. They were LOADED with dirt that had to be cleaned via soap & all purpose cleaner, toothbrush scrub, and finally a (low) pressure washer rinse. That truck had two or three per door panel, and I wouldn`t have been able to get to them unless I removed the panels. Stuff like that adds up.

It was what I`d call a `done-properly` detail.

Not ridiculous, but certainly pride-worthy.

Done a lot of those over the years.

Thanks.

Mark77
08-23-2008, 01:00 PM
The job you did on that truck is truly amazing. One of the most extreme makeovers I have seen here or on MOL.