PDA

View Full Version : Bug removal? recommendations

Ben D.
08-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Ok guys. with the shifts I work I drive at night a lot and obvioulsy night = bugs. I also drive a dodge pickup truck that has a very nice flat front grill that just says "hi bugs" and gives them the kiss of death..

I don`t have too much of a problem getting them off. Usually I wash about once or more a week and it takes care of what I`d say is 95% of it. leaves some remanents after washing... which are not huge or terribly noticeable but up close are there. I just put some Zaino AIO on it last week and am gonna wash it sunday or the next few days and see how that helps. because until then it had w/e the dealer had on it other than me washing it so maybe the AIO will make a big difference we shall see. trucks only two months old so it wasn`t that long without a LSP possibly not having a LSP on it was the biggest problem but I`m not sure.

last week when I did the AIO after my wash with dawn and then Z7 I had slight stuff leftover. maybe three to four dime size spots from bugs that exploded on impact. claybar took them right off np at all. then I put AIO and here we are. looked great too but i`d rather not make it a habit to claybar the front to get off small bug remains.

My wash regimen is using Zaino Z7 with 100% cotton white bath towels from a bath store with the edges trimmed as well as mf and i`m gonna invest in some mitts and obviously 2 bucket w/ grit gaurd. I think some of my problem is that I was being a bit too gentle with it on where the bugs were. I`m very cautious about putting swirls in the paint. Possibly I shoudl just use a bit more pressure but if not what else could I do to get these pesky spots off other than claybarring. a brush of sorts?? I saw the Pinnacle bug sponge on autogeek that looked cool but was skeptical due to price.. 7 bux. Looking for a method that`s a bit more aggressive yet won`t strip the AIO and other zaino stuff on it right off just to get a few bug spots off... any recommendations? I was consideringa BHB for that but not sure what to think. possibly i`m just being too picky and need to not worry about it. since it is on chrome i think i`ll try some harder pressure since it isn`t to easy to scratch.

california love
08-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I wet the car completely a through rinse of sorts, Then I soak the front, backs of mirrors, and windshield with a/p . Wash quickly, and the bugs will come off. Dont let the a/p dry then you`ll have a whole nother post.

Ben D.
08-15-2008, 11:01 PM
i`m still new here so learning the abbrev. what is a/p... all purpose cleaner? and why woudl you not dry.. other than the general rule of not letting soaps and such dry on paint.

i was considering something like that maybe megs 109 or Optimum No rinse or power clean... but the thing is power clean and other all purpose strip the LSP right off if I understand right. if i have to do so I will but i did want to avoid taht.