PDA

View Full Version : Pesky VW carpets

california love
08-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I`ve been detailing since 1991. I take great pride in everything I touch wether its a 1961 250 GT, or your moms mini van. I truely love going to work in a profession I adore. The satisfaction of my work is on the face of my client when they see my dedication to the trade. Many say I don`t even want to drive it anymore ! I have a few problems i`ve run across in my time which brings me to my question. The VW carpet ! not exculsive to VW just cheap material. It seems like they use loop pile astroturf in some of these cars i`ve run across. I vacuum for days it seems. With unsatisfing results. any tricks, or tips ? Example your working a Audi A6 you move to the vaccum sect of your normal routine. As you approch the foot rest drivers side you find yourself chasing your tail, nothing comes up everything stays imbeded in this waste of money they call CARPET ! I would almost pay for new carpet just to get satisfaction from the job. PLEASE HELP !

MCWD
08-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I have a VW and see the same issue even though I wash mine on a weekly basis. I have worked on some before and found a good surface vacuum followed by compressing and hitting the carpeting then another vacuum works best.