PDA

View Full Version : polish recommendations for subaru gray?

kevpotts
08-14-2008, 06:45 PM
hello all,

I am running low on sfx1,2, and 3; so i need to start thinking about what to replace them with. I have a 2006 steel gray metallic subaru WRX, and was hoping some of you guys could point me in the right direction for a polish taking into account the application. I detail just as a hobby, so i dont have to worry about any other paints for the most part.

FYI, I use a UDM (if that matters)

i was thinking oc and op. or ip and menz final polish. It will be topped with upgp and possibly ocw (if i decide to get some in the polish purchase). Thanks in advance everyone!

jshillin
08-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Subie paint is failry easy to deal with. OP would work, but it has a pretty long working time. IP, FP and then OCW would work well. Or even IP, Poliseal then OCW or Optiseal would work quite well...

holland_patrick
08-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I love poorboys PwC on my silver subaru.I mean with good washing and drying your swirls should be minor. For light correction and protection I like PB PwS. I`ve used it with on orange pad(from edge) and to did some great correcting. Anyways OPT polish works well(has the great working time and pad dependant). UPP,Wolfgang,Klasse,FMJ all looked good on my car. It sounds like you want a WOWO product so I would look at the ones you list abouve or even Zanio CS

jshillin
08-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I love poorboys PwC on my silver subaru.I mean with good washing and drying your swirls should be minor. For light correction and protection I like PB PwS. I`ve used it with on orange pad(from edge) and to did some great correcting. Anyways OPT polish works well(has the great working time and pad dependant). UPP,Wolfgang,Klasse,FMJ all looked good on my car. It sounds like you want a WOWO product so I would look at the ones you list abouve or even Zanio CS

I have a 32oz bottle of PWS, I might just have to try that out soon...