PDA

View Full Version : Edge 2000 and Flex

9935annivgt
08-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Thinking about buying a flex, but not sure which one, the rotary or the DA version. I would love some opinions on this and also does Edge make an adapter for the flex tools? I love the ease of popping a pad on with the PC and edge adapter.

Eliot Ness
08-14-2008, 08:28 AM
A standard rotary Edge adapter will fit the Flex rotary. For the Flex DA (3401) they came out with an adapter but went on backorder unless you sent in your BP to be modified:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/102461-flex-user-news-edge-2000-adapter-coming-soon.html

Bert
08-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Thinking about buying a flex, but not sure which one, the rotary or the DA version. I would love some opinions on this and also does Edge make an adapter for the flex tools? I love the ease of popping a pad on with the PC and edge adapter.

The Edge Rotary Adapter will fit the Flex Rotary just fine from what posters on her say. As far as an adapter for the Flex DA?? I have heard Edge is working on it, not sure what they have be able to accomplish as of the present.

imported_mystic04
08-15-2008, 04:47 AM
I have the flex edge adaptor and it works well little hard to get the pads on/off using the adaptor but that just takes some time to learn how to use the adaptor they make. I don`t think they ar making adapotrs anymore by sending in your felx backing plate you have to geta new one from them,one last point i belive the adaptor is the new generation 2nd run from them i had to pre order mine . just give them a call or e-mail them.