PDA

View Full Version : is this an okay regimen to follow?

imported_evor1
08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
so i just got a new car so i need some products to wash it. uhm i was thinking of just following this regimen and use the products they recommend for simplicity.

Car Wash Guide, Car Wash how to - easy steps to shampoo and dry your vehicle using paint-safe mitts and towels, plus sponges, the Grit Guard and (http://www.autogeek.net/exterior.html)

i was just wondering if maybe there is anything you would not use in that regimen because it doesnt work well? also how often would you wash the car like that. is it really necessary to do the entire thing every week? also my car is obsidian black from lexus so i dont know if that will change what products i should use or not.

i plan on getting my car done professionally every 6 months but maybe i will decide to get a porter cable and try it myself.

GP guy
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi and welcome, to answer your question, its up to you how often to wash the car. When the paint is noticeably dirty and being black it wont take long before washing is a weekly chore. So good luck.

imported_evor1
08-14-2008, 10:42 PM
okay well this is what is in my shopping cart right now. any suggestions or changes you would make?

optimum car wash

2x cobra microfiber polishing cloth

dp total interior cleaner

mothers wheel cleaner

wheel wax

some tire brush

2x buckets with guards

2x supreme guzzler waffle weave cobra

cobra microfiber start kit

optimum car wax

pinnacle ultra clay kit

pinnacle microfiber detail mitt

the pinnacle clay kit comes with 2x cobra mango breeze microfiber towels plus the other microfiber products i bought is that enough? is microfiber mitts good for washing or should i go sheepskin?

JasonS
08-15-2008, 07:25 AM
okay well this is what is in my shopping cart right now. any suggestions or changes you would make?

optimum car wash

2x cobra microfiber polishing cloth

dp total interior cleaner

mothers wheel cleaner

wheel wax

some tire brush

2x buckets with guards

2x supreme guzzler waffle weave cobra

cobra microfiber start kit

optimum car wax

pinnacle ultra clay kit

pinnacle microfiber detail mitt

the pinnacle clay kit comes with 2x cobra mango breeze microfiber towels plus the other microfiber products i bought is that enough? is microfiber mitts good for washing or should i go sheepskin?

The Pinnacle mitts last a long time since they are microfiber and do a great job for cleaning. They are paintwork safe and are very durable. Sheepskin are very soft, luxurious and provide the gentlest wash possible. Both will provide a safe wash, the Pinnacle mitt will last longer.