PDA

View Full Version : wow amazing news article

pappy
09-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Ohio High School Has 64 Pregnant Students By CONNIE MABIN, Associated Press Writer
Thu Sep 1, 8:24

CANTON, Ohio - Thirteen percent of the female students at Timken Senior High School in Ohio are pregnant. High school senior Monica Selby thought she would be busy this year planning for college, not preparing for the birth of her first child.

"I`ve been crying every day and every night. I keep on blaming myself for this," said the 18-year-old Selby, who is six months pregnant.

She cries about starting classes this week at Timken Senior High School with a bulging belly, about the emotions of planning an adoption, about becoming part of a statistic that has snagged the nation`s attention: 64 of Timken`s 490 female students — 13 percent — are pregnant.

ok thats ones busy school right there.

tubafeak
09-06-2005, 03:36 PM
That`s not good, that district needs better educational curriculum pertaining to that sort of thing.

Jngrbrdman
09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Must be a small town. Where I grew up there wasn`t anything else to do in the summer other than get high or get your girlfriend pregnant. A chick that is 6 months pregnant at the beginning of the school year was knocked up before school got out last year anyway. I wouldn`t put the blame on the school districts. I`d blame the parents for letting their kids do whatever the hell they wanted. It is the parents and not the school district who are in charge of teaching their children morals and standards that keep them out of this kind of trouble.

edit: Well, it`s not that small. (http://www.city-data.com/city/Canton-Ohio.html) 80,000 is still about 80 times the size of the town I grew up in, but still small compared to some places.

tubafeak
09-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I`ll have to agree on that one.

PaulTso
09-06-2005, 06:44 PM
save the tears, should have thought about that before

edit: Let`s keep it clean, Mister.

-T. Fuzz

05SilverTRD
09-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Looks to me like the parents need to step in and stop this. If more responsability was placed on the parents to raise their kids right, not so much of this would happen.