PDA

View Full Version : ONR engine detail

dbesins
08-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I have been using ONR (with or with out APC) for wheels and it works great. I was wondering if I could do an engine the same way and if anyne as done it any advices etc...

as I am doing a detail sunday with no access to water on an evo 9 (the engine on evo are tough to do as there is no plastic cover etc.)

Scottwax
08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Mix up some ONR in a spray bottle to use along with an ACP. Probably going to need a few small brushes and terry cloth towels you don`t care about. Spray down with the ACP, let dwell as needed. Aggitate with brushes as needed. Spray down liberally with ONR, again aggitate with brushes as needed. Spray down with ONR again, then wipe dry. Start engine and let it run until completely dry.

dublifecrisis
08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
without water (besides the ONR spray) would it be a wise idea to maybe change the mix ratio of the APC? I would to be safe depending on what APC you`re using.

backwoods_lex
08-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I`ve used a pump up garden sprayer with great results before. I applied APC, agitated in areas, rinsed with the sprayer, and dressed after the area was dried. It takes less than 2 gallons of water for an engine that isn`t filthy.

I usually break down the engine into 6 sections and work each one separately.