PDA

View Full Version : By popular demand, ONR wheel cleaning videos

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
08-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Using ONR and Optimum Power Clean:

YouTube - Optimum No Rinse and wheels part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgdMAGjU_s)

Using ONR only:

YouTube - Optimum No Rinse and wheels part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmJ64kVFlJw)

I`ll need a truck or SUV to show how to clean dirty fenderwells.

Evenflow
08-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Wow..that`s pretty impressive. I didn`t know ONR had that much cutting power on the brake dust. What kind of spray bottle is that in the first video?

Also, would you use that brush on chrome rims? I would be afraid of scratching the chrome with the bristles. Only thing that touches my chrome rims is a wheel schmitt.

Scottwax
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Chrome seems more resistant to scratching than some coated wheels. The bristles are actually quite soft anyway.

I honestly don`t even remember for sure where I got the spray bottle. :think:

Evenflow
08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Chrome seems more resistant to scratching than some coated wheels. The bristles are actually quite soft anyway.

I honestly don`t even remember for sure where I got the spray bottle. :think:

Awesome! I have been a lifelong fan of Optimum products. In the first video, is that just the Power Clean or is it ONR mixed with powerclean? Also, how would you use the power clean on the wheels, every detail or just every now and then. I guess, like wheel brightener you really want to use it only when the wheels are dirty, not everytime you wash the car.

Scottwax
08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I only use Power Clean if the wheels are really dirty. I sprayed with Power Clean and used ONR to finishing washing and rinsing the wheels. Hard to really see it, but there are no sudsing problems.

Mobilejay
08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry to be so difficult but in the first vid, you used power clean. Was the ONR with the brushes? I didn`t see you use it with a mitt or anything. I have been looking for something I could use the same way you just showed.

Scottwax
08-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Sorry to be so difficult but in the first vid, you used power clean. Was the ONR with the brushes? I didn`t see you use it with a mitt or anything. I have been looking for something I could use the same way you just showed.

I thought it was pretty clear I was using ONR. Guess not. :nixweiss

Just to be sure everyone understands, the bucket of water had ONR mixed into it.

The reason you didn`t see me using a mitt is because I don`t use mitts, I use MF covered foam pads to wash the body of the car and brushes to clean the wheels and fenderwells. I hope that clears up any confusion. :)

kaval
08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this Scott! I`m impressed that ONR can clean brake dust like that!

RDAVEX7
08-11-2008, 12:48 AM
It helps if the wheel has been waxed proir to ONR wash IME.

Mr. Scottwax, how do you like using MF covered foam pads as apposed to any washmit? It should be the same as a MF washmit, personal preference perhaps? Have you experienced any marring on really dirty finish`s using MF?

I prefer a chenille wash mit myself. Thanks for the vid!

dervdave
08-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks Scott, the ONR certainly does the job !

What protection is already on the wheels ?

imported_sal329
08-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Thank you for the vids Scottwax. Since I have been using ONR I find it cleans up wheels nicely, just like you on the bad ones I have been using an APC the finish with ONR. I have ONR in a pressure spray bottle I use to prey spray the wheels.

Scott I am still interested in your interior cleaning method. From the pictures in the click and brag you always have great turnout. Can you tell us on here or email me Salb329@gmail.com

Bigpikle
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
thanks Scott - will need to give this a go.

I wish my wheels looked like that after a week, let alone a month!

dionnfr
08-11-2008, 03:29 PM
great work Scott ONR is great.

Scottwax
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
It helps if the wheel has been waxed proir to ONR wash IME.

Mr. Scottwax, how do you like using MF covered foam pads as apposed to any washmit? It should be the same as a MF washmit, personal preference perhaps? Have you experienced any marring on really dirty finish`s using MF?

I prefer a chenille wash mit myself. Thanks for the vid!

I really dislike using mitts. I find that I can dry faster if I have both hands available and that is too awkward using mitts.

As long as you go over the paint enough times to dislodge the dirt (sometimes you have to go over a panel 2-3 times with the wash pad), you shouldn`t have any marring issues due to dirt when drying. Obviously towel choice or doing a second drying pass when the paint is already dry can cause marring or streaking.

dervdave-no protection other than monthly ONR washes. The rest of the time the owner washes it conventionally.

sal329-one of these days I`ll write it all out. Nothing earth shattering though, just a thorough attention to details.

imported_wagonproject
08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow. I think you just made up my mind on getting some. Been holding off for a while. Thanks for the vids!!