PDA

View Full Version : CK work over and ?

Fallz
08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
My (personal) truck has multiple coats of stuff from DG , 3M , ONR , OCW , ect.... in different panels and spots.

I Have the following CK stuff. for a complete CK redo.

-Vanilla Moose hand glaze (VM)

-Moose wax (MW)

-Red machine glaze (RMG)

-Carnuba Moose wax (CMW)

-Quickshine (QD)

Can I just use MW to strip off all the old crap since it`s a cleaner wax and removes oxidation should it not remove all the other crap in bring me to a single level of 1 product and top with CMW ? Even though I like most of us I can leave well enough alone but still need the durability , hopefully the QS will make that happen. Does QS have any polymers or what ever in it to give it some durability ?

In what order would be the easiest ? I have some spider webs on my truck , but not alot , so I`m more interested in filling than I am total removal .

What are my options ? I also notice my MW is not separated in the bottle like it used to be , ok or not ?

! other thing is their trim / rubber/vinyl . This stuff is like oily crap. The worst I`ve tried , but works good on cleaning white letters. I`m surprised they don`t have a quality product for the dash , tires , ect...

I`ve had issues in the past with CK , nothing bad , but just didn`t get what I wanted from it and want to try again.

Help me out a little . I really favor spray waxes and sealants , because of the long way they have come . The 3M spray wax I have tried has been great excellent. Deeper , wetter than OCW for a combo product > I also want to try their cleaner wax with a spray was chaser.

Sorry about the length and question`s

MJ

steelwind101
08-09-2008, 04:53 AM
Hello!

What were you looking for from the CK products before? I ask this b/c CMW tends to give a dedicated look, if your paintwork is red, its going make it look very RED! It gives alot of depth and a wetness. But for me its always been a great colour enhancer. This is different to what other waxes provide IMO.

The glazes are universal, you can prep a car with RMG and top it with CMW and get one look. Prep a car with RMG and top it with Nattys and get another.

Personally i would not use the cleaner wax and top with CMW, Why? B/c you have two of the best prep products you can buy in front of you!

VM has chemical cleaners that will remove below surface contaimination and old products. It also contains abrasives which will help remove what the chemicals disolve and soften. It will also go some way to reducing the look of swirls.

Mix VM with RMG in a 50/50 combo. After claying the car apply the mix known as Pink Moose. Buff it off and apply CMW!

CMW for me atleast, gives random results as far as beading and sheeting goes. It appears to do neither very well unless there is a really heavy pour down (i live in the UK). However it passes the squeak test well in to the 10 week period!

Geoff

PS. Pink moose also offers minor protection.

Scottwax
08-09-2008, 07:58 AM
I`d just mix some RMG and VM in a small bottle (50/50) to strip down whatever is already on the car and to lightly polish the paint. The combo (aka Pink Moose) gives really good depth and wetness on its own. Top with Carnauba Moose and Quikshine will do a nice job maintaining the finish. Great on glass too. Not sure what is in it, but the beading effect on glass is a lot more durable than RainX.

I`d use the Moosewax on the wheels and door jambs.

I agree about the wheel/trim dressing, pretty messy to work with. It does last a long time on tires however. Something water based with a more satin shine would be a nice addition to the Clearkote line.

Bigpikle
08-09-2008, 09:01 AM
pink moose by rotary on a finishing pad at 900rpms does a great job of cleaning the paint, bringing up a superb gloss and preparing for the wax finish :thumb:

Inzane
10-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I`d just mix some RMG and VM in a small bottle (50/50) to strip down whatever is already on the car and to lightly polish the paint. The combo (aka Pink Moose) gives really good depth and wetness on its own. Top with Carnauba Moose and Quikshine will do a nice job maintaining the finish. Great on glass too. Not sure what is in it, but the beading effect on glass is a lot more durable than RainX.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I`m just curious about the glass comment. Were you referring to using the whole thing (pink moose + CMW + quikshine) on the glass, or just CMW, or just quikshine?

I`m always looking for new tips on glass treatment.

Thanks!