PDA

View Full Version : Products in the Trunk?

shadow85
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi guys. I keep all my detailing products in the trunk of my car all the time for convenience. I was wondering how bad this is for the products. Is the temperature in the trunk too extreme? I live in new york city.

Mindflux
08-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Heat and Freeze cycles can separate your product over time. It`s certainly not the best way to keep things. If that`s the best you can do just make sure you shake everything well before use. report back if anything congeals or won`t mix back together.

Slik560
08-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Ditto. I keep a bag of stuff in the trunk of my Benz, but I garage it at home and on those days I drive it to work, there is a garage there as well. If the car had to sit outside for longer than an hour in the sun, I`d leave the bag of products at home.

I used to use TW "ICE" on a different car and I`d leave it in the trunk. In a short time, the clear liquid turned yellow from the heat.

Scottwax
08-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I keep everything in my trunk, only take stuff out if it will be below freezing.

shadow85
08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Himm and you Scottwax is in Tx. If its can beat the texas heat, it will definitely be good in new york. Thats a big help. Thanks! Thanks everyone.

ZoomBoy
08-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I used to keep quick exterior detailer and interior spray in my trunk, but I`d always remove them in about late October/November so they wouldn`t freeze.

I think in the summer you`ll be fine though.