PDA

View Full Version : High end advertisements

MCWD
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I have something that some of you may have an interest in. My business is based out of New Jersey and there is a mag that is published within my area that is sent out to about 50,000 people that are in my county and surrounding counties. The catch is that only the top 3% income residents recieve this mag. The goal for this mag is to educate homeowners about the latest and greatest products and services available to enhance their homes and lifestyles. If your able to find a similar opportunity in your area I am sure that you will be dealing with the clients that you have sought after. Hopefully you can market through a similar outlet.:hifive:

Scottwax
08-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I don`t know of a specific magazine locally that targets only that demographic but it sounds like it would be worth looking into.

MCWD
08-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Distinctive Living Publications - THE Resource Guide for Homeowner Lifestyles (http://www.distinctiveliving.com) is the site for my area. Talk to them and you may be able to find someone in your area... BTW how are you cleaning the wheels so good with the ONR?

Envious Eric
08-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I just sent them an email looking for a mag similar in so cal....we`ll see

Envious Eric
08-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Update...

I emailed and received a phone call today from a guy who is going to send me the three magazines he deals with...I was in the middle of a detail when I answered his call, so I forgot what the names of the mags were...

I should receive them by wednesday....along with some literature on what his comany does...

funny note too is that this guy used to have a detail business too...

Lumadar
08-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Keep us posted...

AppliedColors
08-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Every major city has local "lifestyle" magazines.

Advertising can produce okay returns.

What really works is a feature "article" in the magazine about your company. Some editors find mobile detailing an interesting novelty and will write a story and include pictures of your business as part of the content of the magazine. You may need to detail one of the staff`s cars, though.

Envious Eric
08-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Applied hit the nail on the head...that is exactly word for word what the guy was telling me...he received more business off the article rather than the advertisement.

he mentioned he would run a detailing article and then plug my business at the end, and during so people would call me...I dont know if its an exclusive deal, but I will see.

if memory recalls, it was coastal homes, and two other mags...

Envious Eric
08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
mini update...

affluent living publications...

Keyaccess - Your Online Connection to the Quality Products and Services Presented in Affluent Living Publications and Magazines (http://www.keyaccess.com)