PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Leatherique

Evenflow
08-07-2008, 08:26 AM
I know it seems like there`s one of these topics everyday, and I did search and find a significant amount of information, but anytime your going to pay $50+ for a leather cleaner/conditioner you want to make sure you get your moneys worth in quality.

With that said, the leather in my Mustang is terribly hard, and starting to peel. Before hand I would clean with Lexol Cleaner and condition with Z10. However, I am not to fond of the Lexol, I did like it but I don`t think its cleaning ability is up to par with others. Then I tried Woolite 10:1. I didn`t like the idea that it was still thick and grabbed at the leather, making application a hassle.

So now I am looking at Leatherique. I don`t have a problem spending the money on it if it is going to work. I also hear a lot of people say if you don`t have the right process you wont be getting all of the capability of the product. How do people apply this? By hand or by applicator?

tom p.
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
With that said, the leather in my Mustang is terribly hard, and starting to peel.

P, Leatherique is the solution you seek :)

I`ve got the product sitting in the basement (plus many others), if you`d like to try a small area on the `stang.

Evenflow
08-07-2008, 11:52 AM
P, Leatherique is the solution you seek :)

I`ve got the product sitting in the basement (plus many others), if you`d like to try a small area on the `stang.

That would be awesome! I no longer work at the Norwood store, I have switched locations to the Randolph store. When would be a good time for yourself?

Autogeek
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Leatherique is awesome stuff! My Z06 has 72k miles, and it softened up the seats a very noticeable amount. I think you`ll be very happy with the results. :cool:

imported_SHICKS
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
It`s pretty amazing stuff. I just used a latex glove and poured it on my hand and rubbed it in. It`s quite messy and you have to use a lot. Then park the car in the sun with the windows up and let it do it`s thing. You`ll notice that some areas will require more than others. Apply as much as your want or until you reach your desired results. Next use the pristine cleaner to remove the oil then wipe with a damp MF cloth and you are done.

Steve

tom p.
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
When would be a good time for yourself?

The wife is away :hifive: so just about any time on the weekend is fine.

Evenflow
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
The wife is away :hifive: so just about any time on the weekend is fine.

Alright great! Where abouts are you located again? I think I remember weymouth??

tom p.
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
P, check you PMs.

OGauge4Me
08-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I have been using Leatherique for over 5 years now and I am very happy with the product and the process. I use my hands for both steps and work the product into the seats.

Quality Leather
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
If the leather is starting to peel (delaminate), then Leatherique isn`t going to get it to stick back down to the leather.