PDA

View Full Version : Trim Detailing

OzExige
08-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi everyone first time post from Australia. I recently dressed my windscreen trim on my Lotus Exige with Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detail whish came up a treat. I noticed there is no reference on the bottle relative to UV protection.

I was wondering if there would be a problem going over the top of the Meguiars Trim Detail with Aerospace 303 Protectant or would this rub out or deminish some of the properties in the trim detail product.

Could this boost the effect of the trim visually or is it a waste of time?

dublifecrisis
08-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I got a nice look out of the Meg`s trim detailer but it ran nasty after some heavy rain. I didn`t think it was too heavy but maybe it was. I would say either go with JUST the 303 or if buff down the Meguire`s after it soaks in for 30 minutes then top it with 303.

Autogeek
08-06-2008, 11:38 AM
My three favorite products for trim:

303 Aerospace Protectant

Black WOW

Poorboy`s Trim Restorer

If you want the best UV protection, you can use 303 by itself, or if you want to apply it over whatever is on there, just lightly apply a coat of it, let it dry, then give it a light buff with a towel.

niero
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I use Black Wow. Here is the Autopia thread on it:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/109725-black-wow-awesome-stuff-3.html#post1160695

Previous to that I used a vinyl/plastic protectant. I believe Black WOW is more for bringing out a rich, deep color (which it does) rather than UV protection. The vinyl/plastic protectants seem to be geared toward UV protection more so than actual trim restorers.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!! You going to post pics of that awesome car of yours?