PDA

View Full Version : couple general questions...already searched

mustanginky
08-05-2008, 08:34 PM
okay, been using the PC for awhile now, just really getting back into detailing big time though...

got a set of pads for the 7424, one of them is blue. what would you guys use this for? applying wax? and what kind of wax? I just bought some natty`s blue (going on a bright atlantic blue mustang) and was wondering if these work with paste wax, how to apply it to the pad, and what setting to go with it on.

i use my orange and white pads for my Poorboys ssr 2.5 and 1.

also what should i wash my microfibers with? vinegar is what i`ve been using in a low speed setting on my washing machine, then drying cool. anything else besides that stuff made for microfiber towels?

thanks in advance

Jscort98
08-05-2008, 09:35 PM
The blue is a finishing pad so you can use it for waxes or sealants.

To get the wax on there you can use a putty knife and spread some on there or tip the can over and get the block of wax out with a latex glove and "butter" the pad with it. Speed 2-3 should work fine for waxing.

I throw my mf`s in the washing machine with some detergent and a few ounces of vinegar and it gets them clean unless there is some really nasty stuff on them.

Accumulator
08-06-2008, 10:26 AM
The blue foam pads are also nice for very gentle final polishing ("burnishing").

mustanginky
08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
thanks yall

imported_Puckman
08-06-2008, 05:33 PM
JScort98 pretty much nailed it! I use Tide Free and every 2nd or 3rd wash I add a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the final rinse cycle.