PDA

View Full Version : Dog Drool

avalon652
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
I have dog drool stains in my wife`s Xterra`s trunk all over the plastic. It looks like permanent water running down the vertical surfaces. I have tried scrubbing with a few different cleaners with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

imported_weekendwarrior
08-05-2008, 11:03 AM
you could try a damp Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Follow that up by wiping the surface down with a damp microfiber towel, and then dress with your favorite dressing.

qwertydude
08-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Try using scratch-x. A Mr. Clean magic eraser is just foam with an embedded silica abrasive. On the package it specifically says to avoid use on painted surfaces, it`ll scratch pretty badly.

imported_weekendwarrior
08-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Try using scratch-x. A Mr. Clean magic eraser is just foam with an embedded silica abrasive. On the package it specifically says to avoid use on painted surfaces, it`ll scratch pretty badly.

He is referring to a plastic surface, not painted.

avalon652
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone; the surface is interior gray plastic just to clarify....

imported_weekendwarrior
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I use the Magic Erasers to clean scuffs off kick plates, and gunk off of textured plastics. They work awesome, but will often leave a bit of white residue behind, which is why I always follow up with a damp microfiber rag before applying the dressing.

qwertydude
08-05-2008, 11:24 AM
I see forgot it`s an all plastic clad car.

Jscort98
08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
On plastic the Magic Eraser works great but NEVER use it on paint. I took the clear right off on part of my bumper while scrubbing with it. That was before I found Autopia.

Accumulator
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I like using the steamer on dog drool, along with the appropriate cleaner (usually just Griot`s Interior Cleaner). Doing it daily makes for easier removal compared to letting it stay on there for a long time.

Bobarell
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
+1 on the steamer. If not steamer is available try some Oxyclean. I don`t use it a lot but sometimes there is stuff that just won`t come off with regular cleaning products.