PDA

View Full Version : Best otc carpet/cloth cleaner w/o anything else???

Pages : [1] 2

snakey51389
08-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I will be cleaning my gf`s car out today. Her interior is really messy and everytime i tell her to clean it she doesnt do it. So today im stealing her car to do it. She has some stains on her carpet, door panels and cloth seats that i would like to get rid of also.

What is the best kind of cleaner to use without using anything like a steamer or something? Really looking to find it local in one stop so i can just grab it and get out. When i get the cleaner, what steps would i take also? Just spray the cleaner and wipe or what else can i do with things i have around the house? Thanks for the help guys.

Kustom Kevin
08-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Blue Magic stain and spot remover sold at walmart works good for me.

citizen arcane
08-04-2008, 08:03 AM
When i get the cleaner, what steps would i take also?

Read post #25 for basic cleaning:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/professional-detailer-general-discussion/86721-just-purchases-mytee-lite-ii-any-tips-using-3.html

wannafbody
08-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Blue Magic stain and spot remover sold at walmart works good for me.

That`s good stuff. Spot Shot works well too.

imported_Larry A
08-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Folex, a brush and a lot of towels. You can try what I use if you can stand the smell -ammonia and water-1cup 0f ammonia to 1 gallon of water. Wipe on with a wrung out towel and wipe with a dry towel. After the interor drys the car will smell fresh. There are also spray foams like Meguiars Quick Out , Tuff Stuff , Prestone Spray foam and Turtle Wax foam cleaner.

Showroom Shine
08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
FOLEX for Me!

Slik560
08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I`m just a weekend DIY guy. When the carpets are not too bad, I use the foaming product Tuff Stuff. It sprays on and I do small areas with a soft brush. Wipes up with a damp towel or sponge. Don`t get too carried away with the moisture or you`ll end up blotting up water with towels or renting an extractor. Floor mats are a different story, since those come out. Heavier dirt = heavier application and scrubbing. If there is gum or other "substances" squashed into the carpet, then a spot remover and a toothbrush, metal comb, whatever, are possible tools. Good luck!!!

bookeem
08-04-2008, 01:58 PM
spray nine diluted 50/50..

and only spray it on a towel when wiping down door panels or the like...if u spray it to the panel, sometimes it will leave runs and are hard to remove.

pwaug
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
You can get Folex at Lowe`s in the cleaning supply aisle. Used it on my wife`s 11 year old car with light grey carpets and it came out like new. Spray it on, agitate with a brush and blot with a towel.

citizen arcane
08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Floor mats are a different story, since those come out. Heavier dirt = heavier application and scrubbing.

Bring the mats to the coin op car wash first thing in your detailing session. Spray with full pressure and soap then rinse. Use the wet vacs on site if available and if necessary bag `em up til you get home, then hang in a sunny location until dry (they`ll dry way before you`re through.)

imported_sal329
08-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Folex from Home depot

snakey51389
08-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Got the folex(only $5), sprayed it on, agitated it, let it sit for a bit, rubbed with towel dry.

I did this but it really didnt seem to work so well if at all. The thing was she had a black carpet and grey cloth seats. The seats had more visable stains than the carpet did. The carpet actually looked very good with just the vaccuming. I tried using the folex on the seats but, like i said it didnt seem to work. Is there something that i did wrong or something i should do to help?

Overall the dash and door panels were really dirty. Cleaned that up well with some simple green and finished with some armor all for some shine. The car almost looked as good from the day she bought it. Very happy with the outcome besides the seats which could still use a little work.

az57chevy
08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Try 303 cleaner

imported_Larry A
08-05-2008, 08:42 AM
What kind of car? Some newer cars have very hard to clean seats. They wick the stains from the padding underneat. Use the least amount of water . Try a spray foam , somethimes that will work.

imported_Hades02
08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I used woolite carpet cleaner on my car and it did ok. Then did the

ammonia and water and that worked better. On my girlfriends car

with a ton of soil and stains, she has a 6 year old and she never

cleans her car, I used scrubbing bubbles. That worked great.

Scrubbing bubbles, hot water and stiff brush. Rigid shop vac.

So far the best I`ve used. I haven`t tried folex yet.