PDA

View Full Version : Humidity and Menzerna

Casebrius
08-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I`m about to buy some new polishes. Is it true that Menzerna does not work the best in high humidity? I`m specificly interested in the 106FA and its ability to cope with high humidity. I live in south Louisiana and lower humidity is 3 months away. This will be used on a single stage yellow BMW paint. Thanks

imported_Dave1
08-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I wouldn`t over think the humidity issue with Menzerna polish. The line is excellent and the product is used from Florida to Texas during summer months. It`s 98 degress here in Houston and I wouldn`t hesitate using any Menzerna product.....

rjom
08-03-2008, 05:33 AM
I use it, and I would say that humidity does effect it. I put a spray of qd on the pad once in a while, and it worked like a charm. Otherwise, the polish disappeared after one or two passes on a humid day.

imported_Devilsown
08-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I`m about to buy some new polishes. Is it true that Menzerna does not work the best in high humidity? I`m specificly interested in the 106FA and its ability to cope with high humidity. I live in south Louisiana and lower humidity is 3 months away. This will be used on a single stage yellow BMW paint. Thanks

I live up here in shreveport, I also use menz as others have said spray your pad with some water, pad lube, or qd and it works like a charm, I do have some opt on stand by just incase though ive never had to use it.

imported_Ivan Rajic
08-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Menzerna and humidity just don`t mix... I used it for 6-8 months (fall-spring) but ended up reaching for Meg`s stuff once summer came around here in Chicago... they`re great polishes but very picky about the work environment, so I`ve opted to switch back to Meg`s and perfect using their polishes even more...

imported_DetailDan
08-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Cold temps give me more problems then high humidity.

Wren
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
100 degree day here in Arkansas yesterday, didn`t have any problems with 106FF. Well at first I thought it was going to give me fits because the polish appeared to be coming off the pad in "clumps" after awhile but I switched to another white CCS pad and all was well again.