PDA

View Full Version : PC starter kit

redlinez33
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I know there are plenty of these posts, and I have searched and read most of them. I have a limited budget to buy things at the moment, but I want to start practicing with a PC and learning. I am a complete noob at using a PC, SO here is what I was looking at getting.

Porter Cable 7424 Polisher

Orange Light Cutting CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

White Polishing CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

Gray Finishing CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

Dual-Action Hook & Loop Flexible Backing Plate 5"

Optimum Compound

Optimum Polish

Price is around $200, which is right around my budget. Are the optimum products any good? Anything better for a noob?

I am also considering a RIDGID 2611 machine instead of a PC. I hear its more powerful, has a good warranty, and is priced well. Is the machine up to the same quality as a PC though?

Thanks for any info

redlinez33
08-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Could I substitute Menzerna Super Intensive Polish for both optimum compound and polish? Or would I still need a polish? Is this stuff better? I have a little sample bottle of FK1 330, would this hold me over for a final polish?

redlinez33
08-02-2008, 01:36 PM
How about the Ridgid 2611 machine? Seems about the same price as the PC but lots more power? Can pick it up locally as well...

redlinez33
08-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I was also considering Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83 instead of optimum compound. I know its alot more expensive, but I will be willing to push my budget for this if its well worth it.

Thanks for any info.