PDA

View Full Version : What to use after Menzerna Power Gloss?

imported_detail1
07-31-2008, 02:52 PM
My dad has a red 1984 GMC pickup that is oxided and has partially turned pink and faded.

I took a cloth and a little bit of PG and it was like magic- the true candy apple red appeared!

i plan to use a PC with a yellow 4 inch pad and PG to buff it out.

Which polish should i use after PG- I have IP, FPII and PO85RD. I also have Megs 83 and Megs 9.

I want to only follow up with 1 polish and then wax with 476s.

Thanks

imported_etml12
07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
It is tough to say as any paint/polish/pad combo will react in a unique manner. If you are looking to reduce the amount of work necessary it would be smart to see if you can get away with something less aggressive than the PG as you first step. If the oxidation isn`t too severe, Megs 83 may be enough to take care of it.

Legacy
07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
My dad has a red 1984 GMC pickup that is oxided and has partially turned pink and faded.

I took a cloth and a little bit of PG and it was like magic- the true candy apple red appeared!

i plan to use a PC with a yellow 4 inch pad and PG to buff it out.

Which polish should i use after PG- I have IP, FPII and PO85RD. I also have Megs 83 and Megs 9.

I want to only follow up with 1 polish and then wax with 476s.

ThanksI would try the IP with a white pad first, before moving up to PG with a yellow pad. BTW what brand pads are you using? I would do the next step with 106, but since you dont have 106 try 85rd to finish off.

dreamcatchr23
08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
i have a similar situation... when i get home (i`m currently overseas), i plan to do PG on 4" yellow... follow with IP on 6" orange... and finish with FPII... so i`m curious to see your progress... post pictures when you are done!!!

imported_detail1
08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I started this project last night. I did take before and after pics. Just need to figure out how to post them.

This project is more difficult than i thought. Since i was using a PC- I ordered a Flex last night- I need it for several projects and this PC just wastes too much time for paint correction.

Anyways, I began with PG and it definitely needed it- the truck is a 1984 GMC and the last time it was waxed was about 10 years ago. The car did have a cheap repaint about 5 years ago.

i needed to do like 3 passes with PG. I am using LC CCS 4 inch pads. The white pad felt better than the yellow pad. I ried to save time and go straight to FPII but that did not work out. Menzerna Final Inspection Spray is a true life saver- It will reveal the true condition of the paint.

i am going to mix alcohol and distilled water- 50-50 as i am running low on the Spray- this is cheaper than spending $20!

I followed PG with IP- ok results. I also tried PO85 RD and it started gumming on me- i think the pads were dirty.

Well it took about 2 hours to do half the hood. Will post pics soon. just could not get rid of some water marks and I am not even going to try.

Overall the pink turned red. just need to polish it down as best as possible.

Can`t wait to get the Flex- This should cut my time in half.

I plan to use PG on white, IP on green, PO85Rd or FPII on gray, Collinite 476s.

Frank

How do i post pics. Do i have to use Photobucket?

Envious Eric
08-06-2008, 10:23 AM
WOW, you went from want from wanting to only use one more polish to using 3 more...the correct way...good job

I would go with 83 on an orange pad, then FPII on a white pad...the wax