PDA

View Full Version : How Tough Is It For You To...

Pages : [1] 2

ricka
07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Not do something extra to your car after a simple wash and dry? It takes all my willpower not to put something additional on the paint--UPGP, DWG, AW, you name it LSP...

Even though the paint looks great, feels slick and is glossy, I always feel compelled to "kick it up a notch."

Almost like not adding frosting to a cake.

God I need help.

GlossyTundra
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, i`m the same way man, I definatly do something after every wash. I dont EVER just dry it and drive.

Legacy
07-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Not do something extra to your car after a simple wash and dry? It takes all my willpower not to put something additional on the paint--UPGP, DWG, AW, you name it LSP...

Even though the paint looks great, feels slick and is glossy, I always feel compelled to "kick it up a notch."

Almost like not adding frosting to a cake.

God I need help.

Thats part of the addiction, some have it worse than others.:buffing:

iDetail
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
On my cars I feel like that, If I wash my girlfriends or my parents ride I will just do a quick wash and dry. They can`t/don`t appreciate anything more.

NCZ13
07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
i made it a point to stop waxing my car every time i wash it. i try to give a coat of sigII every 2-3 weeks so that glossy, slick feel was something special and i could look foreward too.

Jetta
07-31-2008, 07:56 AM
On my cars I feel like that, If I wash my girlfriends or my parents ride I will just do a quick wash and dry. They can`t/don`t appreciate anything more.

I am seen in my girls car often enough that I feel I need to keep it looking good anyway.

Though I have to admit since she has gotten a new car she has taken interest in keeping it clean, doesn`t let too much stuff accumulate inside and even vacuums it out once in a while! (amazing what going from a 17 yr old POS to a new VW will do to a girl!) :p

For me, I am getting better at it, during the summer I know it is going to rain next time I drive, so I worry more about doing a little extra inside after a wash and only do extra outside in the winter dry season. I got tired of washing the car every morning just to drive in a storm that afternoon. :buffing:

Khaluakid
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Thats part of the addiction, some have it worse than others.:buffing:

I second that!

qwertydude
07-31-2008, 10:06 AM
I only use spray detailer to rewax the area after a wash, but usually since I`m in a rush I`ll end up using a touchless drive through wash. So I think it needs it.

imported_advs1
07-31-2008, 02:11 PM
i just turned a customer away yesterday who after me explaining for 15-20 mins what we could do to help him sell his car says, "cant you just wash it and make it shiney?" i explained i do not do wash and wax only on a car that bad, it was a black car too boot. but in his defense he was trying to sell it and i was trying to get it to a point that it would be sellable.

but i sometime would rather say no, than do a wash and wax and go back and clay, maybe correct it where it really needs it and not get paid for it. the kicker is not being appreciated. i will do little things, that might make the customer come back for more later, but i have to be feeling it from them. and this guy i wasnt feeling anything but low budget.

Scottwax
07-31-2008, 02:21 PM
It is so easy to add another coat of Opti-Seal or OCW that I find it very difficult to just wash mine-however, as busy as I`ve been, I sometimes go a few weeks between washes anyway. Just another reason I didn`t get another black car.

qwertydude
07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
If your just getting the "Make it shiny, I wanna sell it," This is the point where I just break out the trusty old DA and get ready to cringe, NuFinish. Wash and one step NuFinish. Half an hour later...shiny.

imported_advs1
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
If your just getting the "Make it shiny, I wanna sell it," This is the point where I just break out the trusty old DA and get ready to cringe, NuFinish. Wash and one step NuFinish. Half an hour later...shiny.

LULZ nufinish. i dont think i own any of that stuff.

99blackSE
07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I got 476 on the Civic for protection (and we know how long that lasts) on the car so I don`t wax too often. I do however do a FK425 wipedown after every wash.

Suki22
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
I second that!

^^^^^I third that.....have to put a coat of AW or OCW.....I feel so much better after:getdown

RDAVEX7
07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I washed with ONR tonight and then found myself washing my front house windows with it. Then back to the car to apply some P21S. Once I start washing I get fired up I guess and next thing you know I have to do something else. Sometimes I will just wash one of the other cars. They usually sit for a few weeks and accumulate alot of dust. I love ONR as a QD too.