PDA

View Full Version : Sun Friendly Polishs, Wax`s, And Sealants

imported_Devilsown
07-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Im sure some of you are plauged with the same thing as me, SUNLIGHT AND or HEAT! I always wait till the sun starts to go down to start waxing now that the heat has started to plauge me again. Its still hot out but by the time I`m done dousing the car down with cool water I can at least get the paint surface to a cooler temp, Im using either, FMJ, Klasse, or S100 depending on my mood and car, and the moon phase on one of juputers moons, and so forth. As of now FMJ, and S100, seem to be "sun freindly" they go on easy and seem to come of easy, Klasse on the other hand was a pain in the rump to get off.. I did lay it on a little thicker than I should have, and it was a lot hoter today but still it sucked.

Here`s what I`m looking form everyone, what are some good sun and or heat friendly wax`s, sealants, and polish`s, for us stuck in the heat.

THANKS ALL!

BigJimZ28
07-29-2008, 07:50 PM
ClearKote, Poorboys, Danase....ect

Suki22
07-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Poorboy`s Products

wannafbody
07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Zaino is pretty heat resistant. Duragloss does well too.

imported_bigfoot
07-29-2008, 09:20 PM
ClearKote, Poorboys, Danase....ect

:bigups:getdown

Holden_C04
07-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Good thread to read about working in the sun.

Working in the sun? How HOT does your car`s paint get? - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24930)

Bobarell
07-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Optimum is sun/heat friendly as well. I was informed of that here on this board and have since experienced it.

VroomVroom
07-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Other than Natty`s waxes, I`ve come to prefer Clearkote over PB when working in direct sunlight. I had no idea about Optimum....hmmm. Good info - thanks!

Patek14
07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I live in an apartment and have no garage or cover area so I know the problem. I also live in a HOT climate!

I have used optimum car wax and eagle one nano wax outside in the sun without problems. Neither haze and as long as you are not in the ultra hot direct mid day sun I`d think you should be fine. FWIW, eagle one nanowax is horrible for durability, but optimum car wax seems pretty good.

danponjican
07-31-2008, 08:11 AM
SYSTEM ONE products are all designed to work in the direct sun. Check out this video on YouTube where they are polishing in the California sun where the surface they polished was 131F!

YouTube - Newbie with a rotary, a wool pad and SYSTEM ONE Polish (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX7Slpselz0)

bimmerzhp
07-31-2008, 08:15 AM
I have used Poorboys for a while without any issues.

budman3
07-31-2008, 02:55 PM
I have used Poorboys for a while without any issues.

Agreed. I think any product can work in the sun but working times will be significantly diminished and other products work better in sun than others. PB products work just fine in the sun with a little technique tweaking and they will still be just as easy to apply and remove.

imported_sal329
07-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Danase Swirl Abolishers

Duragloss sealants

Joel_MD
07-31-2008, 06:53 PM
When DJ (Got Leather) worked on my white 2006 Dodge Ram, it was in the middle of the day on a typical hot Maryland day in July. He used a combination of Hi Temp EC and Meguiar`s #9 on a white pad, then Klasse AIO on a white pad, then Collinite 845 on a red pad. He seemed to think that working in the sun was no big deal.

3puttjay
07-31-2008, 10:28 PM
I`ve used optimum polish and hyper compound in the sun with no problems. Also used collinite waxes in the sun with no major difficulties. IME S100 wax also is sun-friendly.