PDA

View Full Version : craigslist doesnt work

Kustom Kevin
07-28-2008, 10:13 PM
I have posted many ads on craigslist about my service and i havent got 1 response. its been 1.5 months and i put a new ad up every 2 days *** is going on

Bobby G
07-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Very bold statement (your title)... sorry, but I know better. CL DOES WORK!

If you put a new ad up every two days, you`re spamming CL and they are ghosting your ad. This basically means that you think it`s there, but the rest of the world does not see it. This is CL`s way of shining you on to get you frustrated so you will leave. You should read the CL terms of service.

CL does work. That`s why they are a top term web site. If they didn`t get the job done, they would have folded by now.

Don`t blame it on CL... fix your ad and your posting habits.

db

imported_Ivan Rajic
07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
I`m with David, partially... CL does what it`s meant to do and does it well... is it the best tool to advertise detailing services? probably not... Is it the best to advertise quality, high-end detailing services? no way! Will you get a few clients from a free website... yes

I`ve had about 20 calls in about 1 year and 3-4 clients from those calls... so I`ve made approximately $1000 by spending 5 minutes to make an ad, then spending 1 minute weekly to re-post it (and I even miss some weeks when it expires)... with 52 weeks in a year, this means you`re spending approximately 1 hour to advertise for FREE for an entire year on a site that has a ton of traffic daily... I believe detailing will pick up more and more, meaning people will tell apart my $300+ job and that of a car wash for $80-100, so more and more calls from craigslist will be from interested potential clients instead of price shoppers running into your ad... either way it`s win win

Bobby G
07-29-2008, 10:16 AM
I`d like to emphasize a point I made in another thread... well crafted ads in CL help people find you via Google. Good CL ads show up in Google in a matter of hours.

EcoAutoCT
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I`d like to emphasize a point I made in another thread... well crafted ads in CL help people find you via Google. Good CL ads show up in Google in a matter of hours.

+1

Just yesterday I received a call from a gentleman looking to have his three vehicles and a motorcycle detailed at his storage garage. Said he found my ad on Craigslist where he buys/sells and visits daily. He read the 4-5 other detailer ads and picked mine `because of the attention to detail and work that was put into the listing, and that whomever would do the same for a vehicle` (paraphrased).

Write a ****** ad, get ****** results.

BigJimZ28
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
if there are your ads they could use a little help:

Automotive Detailing (http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/771091063.html)

★Why Settle For Less★ High End Detailing Services★ (http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/772431475.html)

Buying Or Selling? Quality Automotive Detailing For Less (http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/car/773835711.html)