PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari

Maitai
07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
I started on a guys dark blue Ferrari today and have a couple questions. The paint appears to have no swirls or scratches in it. I thought I would clay it and then use PB professional polish by hand. If it needs more than that I have the pc to use. I just don`t know how hard the clear is on the vehicle. I ordered some Nattys Blue specifically for this car. It won`t be in till late this week. I have Collinite 845 and 476. I also have DG 601 and 105. What would you folks recommend? I also need to know what to use to clean the cloth top and protect it. Thanks for any suggestions.

MCWD
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I work on Ferrari vehicles on a regular basis and I would say that I find great success with Pro`s number 1 polish and then throwing collinite 476 on the car for good measure. With the clay I am very careful not to apply too much pressure for obvious reasons. I prefer not to be aggressive on the paint with polishing if I dont have to be. If you use the pc, be very careful with the nonpainted surfaces because there are many, and I hate to get wax on anything aside from paint! Pinnicle XMT has a great product line up as well for use with your pc.

Maitai
07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah I am kinda nervous about this one. I have PB SSR 1.0 and 2.5. I want to be as careful as possible. That is why I thought I would start with the pro polish by hand. I also have some ColorX. I have the DG pair on my black Miata topped with 476. Might try that. I have searched cloth tops and the majority favor Raggtop. I`m not sure if I can find it locally. Is there another product you would recommend? Thanks for your help.

burn740i
07-29-2008, 08:51 AM
If you do want to get your hands on some Raggtop, you can buy it through Bavarian Autosport at bavauto.com or by calling 603-427-2002.

MCWD
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
autogeek.net is a great source for detail supplies