PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think you love detailing so much?

Pages : [1] 2 3

iDetail
07-28-2008, 01:44 AM
I love detailing. I don`t do it for a living or anything, but I will detail anyones car if they let me. I just love starting with something that has been neglected, that has dirt everywhere, then stepping back after I am done to see something that is as perfect as it could be. Great sense of accomplishment. And its not just cars, I am a clean freak when it comes to my electronics, especially my laptop. I am constantly taking it apart and cleaning it.

I dont think its an OCD thing, I just love stuff looking new and clean. My friends say that I am just concerned with my surroundings.

What do you think is behind your detailing obsession.

Macruz19
07-28-2008, 04:57 AM
To me I like my car clean as much as possible, and it`s a little hobby of mine. As of late I have not had a chance to wax or wash weekly because it rains pretty much everyday. I guess it`s a good thing so my arms can rest.

ZoomBoy
07-28-2008, 05:05 AM
It calms my OCD :lol

Suki22
07-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Plain and simple......OCD

ricka
07-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Don`t think it`s OCD as I can be slob in other areas. However I`m VERY OCD with my car. Windshield has to be clean, bird bombs removed asap, brake dust wiped off at least every two days etc. etc. etc...

Also, to me its fun handiwork and you get to experiment like an amateur chemist. Great time killer waiting for the little bride to get ready.

Just a rewarding hobby that I thoroughly enjoy. Oh, and a clean waxed car gets 7% better gas mileage.

jimmie jam
07-28-2008, 06:54 AM
OCD and the ultimate results.

bookeem
07-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Plain and simple......OCD

i have to agree there , and it simply puts me in that state of peace of mind..

happy doing what i love doing..

Cassman
07-28-2008, 07:51 AM
It gives me a feeling of accomplishment. In my line of work, I never "see" a finished product that I can take pride in. When I finish detailing a car, I get to see the job that I did and it makes me feel good. It is very fulfilling.

imported_PaPaHoFF
07-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I just have an obsessive personality. I love doing cars in horrible condition because I love having the customers go wow ha. I definitely do not have OCD because you look at my room and its never clean. I hate cleaning actually but cars are a different story. The money is also a good added bonus!!:woot2:

Showroom Shine
07-28-2008, 09:13 AM
I LOVE DETAILING so much because: #1 I LOVE CARS

#2 It is a Self Gratifying Hobby

#3 It is a Talent!

#4 I can make some $$$$$

Accumulator
07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Autopian Heresy here: I *don`t* love detailing. It`s just another chore that I do to the best of my ability. Yeah, there`s some sense of accomplishment, but that`s true of most anything that`s worth doing in the first place.

NSXTASY
07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Detailing is a means to an end. A clean car.

Bobby G
07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Cheaper than therapy!

danz24
07-28-2008, 11:09 AM
whats OCD?

imported_User Name
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I love for a few reasons.

I find it relaxing (get some tunes going on the back ground), just a good time.

I love the before and after. It`s a sense of accomplishment.

More times than not, car products actually work the way they are advertised to work. In this day and age, that is quite a miracle!