PDA

View Full Version : Re: tectrix cable

Sora1421
07-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Hello i am looking to be purchasing one of my feasible dream cars soon (Nissan 350Z) and I want to make sure It will be a perfect detail because i am a perfectionist at heart.

I detailed my Eclipse about 4 months ago and it looked brilliant but i wasn`t sure if it was exactly perfect and now i know it wasn`t. I have very many high quality products to do it and im going for the most advanced paint work detail i can to make my dream car SHINE and be protected.

My steps i am choosing in an outline are.

Wash/Dry

Clay-bar

Paint Cleaner

Swirl Remover Polish

Finishing Polish

Glaze

Sealent

2 Coats of Wax

The products i will be choosing are

Meguiars gold class wash with an armoral waffle weave dry towel that works quite well.

Mother clay bar

(not sure on paint cleaner) i used 3M cleaner wax here before

Poorboy`s SSR2 with a PC and an orange cutting pad

Pinacle Advanced Finishing Polish with a white pad

Poorboy`s Black Hole glaze with a foam pad

Poorboy`s Sealent EX with Nuba`

Poorboy`s Natty BLUE paste wax

Aside from the paint cleanser i`m pretty sure that all these products flow well. Actually i know they do since i have seen the SHINE on my eclipse.

However here is what i think i did wrong last time.

My eclipse right now has mucho amounts of swirls that were there after i cleaned it once (dealer used some wax to cover em or something)

I used a PC 7424 with a 5.5 inch cutting pad and some Wolfgangs swirl remover. It was for nothing though as they didn`t come out mostly. I just covered it up with Wolfgang`s Glaze and i was happy for a while. Also after the clay I used a 3M Cleaner Wax since i didn`t realize i should use a paint cleaner instead and that it was an AIO.

This time however i am looking to get some paint cleaner preferably through retail since shipping sucks. I think autozone sells Mothers paint cleaner since it is step 1. Will a mothers claybar and paint cleaner followed by my poorboy`s polish be a good prep? Should i really go for something like the P21S paint cleaning lotion or should the mothers work well enough? It cant be that bad especially since i`m using clay right?

Also the Caranuba wax cleaner I have should be left out as it is an AIO step right and not for the real detailers.

Also this time I will be attacking any swirls with a 4`inch Lake Country orange cutting pad and some Poorboy`s SSR2. Hopefully the smaller pad and a stronger polish will work.

Do you think this will be a perfectionists detail for the paint? I know this place has tons of perfectionists like me and do you have any recommendations? Thank you very much