PDA

View Full Version : First detail

rudyd
07-25-2008, 10:35 PM
So tomorrow and Sunday I plan to detail my car completely. It`s my first ever detail so I plan on taking my time with it. The car is not in that great of a shape so it will require a good amount of work and time. I plan on using the following process, if anything is wrong please offer suggestions ;)

Wash - Sheepskin mit

Clay bar - Mothers clay (Make sure car is dry) - I don`t need to wash after correct?

Polishing steps:

SIP with purple wool pad (2 passes)

IP with white pad (1 pass) - should I also do a pass with the black pad?

AIO with black pad

Menzerna Finishing Glaze with blue pad

P21S 100% nuba wax

imported_JoshVette
07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Read below for the answers.

Josh

Wash - Sheepskin mit

Clay bar - Mothers clay (Make sure car is dry) - I don`t need to wash after correct?

You can also clay the car while it`s wet, if it slightly spots it won`t matter cause you`re going to polish it anyways. This will save you a bunch of time drying it. Don`t worry about rewashing it either since you`re polish it.

Polishing steps: Are you using a rotary or orbital??

SIP with purple wool pad (2 passes)

Depends how bad the swirls are and how far you want to take the correction, I would suggest 1 pass and see how it looks first, do a test panel, do 1 pass with SIP then do a pass after with IP/white pad and see how it turns out, if you`re happy with the results then continue over the whole car.

IP with white pad (1 pass) - should I also do a pass with the black pad?

Yes with the white pad, no with the black pad.

AIO with black pad

Menzerna Finishing Glaze with blue pad

Rewash it at this point to remove any lubes left behind from the Menz before waxing.

P21S 100% nuba wax

rudyd
07-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah I forgot, I`m going to polish with a Flex3401.

dmw2692004
07-26-2008, 08:25 AM
What kind of car?

rudyd
07-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Mazda 6 (2003)

Joel_MD
07-26-2008, 01:23 PM
As JoshVette said, you can clay the car while it`s wet. Also, some guys clay the car while they are washing it, especially when following up with a full polish. If I am going to polish, I will wash the car with a bug sponge in one hand and a clay bar in the other, using the shampoo solution as a clay lubricant. It saves a lot of time.