PDA

View Full Version : You know it is an addiction when...

imported_beachwolverine
07-25-2008, 08:08 AM
... when I receive a large box from one of the suppliers and don`t remember what I ordered.

The good thing is that it is like Christmas. The sad thing is that I only detail my own car - it`s not like I should be ordering tons of stuff - but I am. Guess I`ll have to start a part time detailing service just to use up my materials.

E300Diesel
07-25-2008, 08:51 AM
... when I receive a large box from one of the suppliers and don`t remember what I ordered.

The good thing is that it is like Christmas. The sad thing is that I only detail my own car - it`s not like I should be ordering tons of stuff - but I am. Guess I`ll have to start a part time detailing service just to use up my materials.

:woot2: I think many of us are in the same boat.

qwertydude
07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah my paint looks good for so long I usually volunteer my services to friends for the price of a movie ticket or In & Out burgers. If you guys don`t know In & Out, it`s the only thing we`ve got that us southern california guys can lord over everyone else kinda like everyone else lords White Castle over us. I miss White Castle though.

HBR
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Whiteys rock :)

loudog2
07-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I just got another order from AG. My girlfriend walks in and say "god! another box?" Most women don`t understand.

LQ9SS
07-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Haha, this thread is great. I have the same problem too. We should start a sub-forum related to our addiction. Maybe hold some weekly meetings.

hXc drummer23
07-25-2008, 06:32 PM
I just detail friend`s and family`s cars. Next week I am detailing my cousin`s Porsche and Escalade.

wascallyrabbit
07-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah my paint looks good for so long I usually volunteer my services to friends for the price of a movie ticket or In & Out burgers. If you guys don`t know In & Out, it`s the only thing we`ve got that us southern california guys can lord over everyone else kinda like everyone else lords White Castle over us. I miss White Castle though.

i`ll trade the white castle for in & out. that was one of the great things about going to san diego that i liked.

joec42
07-27-2008, 07:19 AM
I try to time my order so the package arrives on a day that I`m working from home. That way I can hide the box before the wife sees it! I used to send stuff to work, but the new place I`m at is too big and who knows where the package would end up.

gleam
07-27-2008, 07:46 AM
I like Christmas.... might be why I keep ordering stuff? lol

loudog2
07-27-2008, 08:27 PM
I try to time my order so the package arrives on a day that I`m working from home. That way I can hide the box before the wife sees it! I used to send stuff to work, but the new place I`m at is too big and who knows where the package would end up.

I do the same thing now. Mostly on days I get home early. Then throw the box in the back of the work truck, and dump it in my work dumpster.

It`s sad!! They can spend a hundred or more a month on hair and beauty product. But well get comments all day long for buying ourselves something.:argue The kicker is, I`m not even married yet!!!:nixweiss