PDA

View Full Version : i need advice on cleaning some seats?

kcazual
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
I am thinking about buying some seats. however they are a little dirty and I am not sure if I can make them look like new again. THey are leather and suede. If anyone would like to give me some suggestions, I can send you the pics. For some reason I could not post them on the forum

Quality Leather
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM
If they don`t need refinishing, then try cleaning them with a 3m delicate duty scuff pad and some cleaner. The pad will get down into the grain of the leather and pull all of the dirt out.

Mr. Clean
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
If they don`t need refinishing, then try cleaning them with a 3m delicate duty scuff pad and some cleaner. The pad will get down into the grain of the leather and pull all of the dirt out.

Is this the pad you referernce? (text copied from 3M`s website - I can`t get the link to work)

Scotch-BriteƂ® Delicate Duty Scrub Sponge 435

Provides safe, effective cleaning of the most delicate surfaces. Will not scratch non-stick cookware, plastic dinnerware, china or crystal. The white fiber side scours while the pink sponge wipes clean.

I have always used terry towels and "leather" brushes when I need extra oomph, but as with most here am always looking for that "better mousetrap".

Quality Leather
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Probably, it is the white pad. You can get them at the grocery store or Target.