PDA

View Full Version : DuroTest Vita Lites for my garage.

dsms
07-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I decided to go with DuroTest Vita Lites for the entire garage. They are super bright and have a color redition(CRI) of 91, which is about as high as you can get. The higher the CRI the closer the brightness is to actual sunlight. Im putting white reflectors behind so the light comes directly down on the cars when im working. I will post pics of the project when it gets underway next week.

blk45
07-23-2008, 11:50 PM
CRI (color rendering index) is the accuracy of color, not brightness. However it can be skewed as well, depending on the color temp (kelvin). None the less, the specs on the lights that you got are good.

A reference source, such as black body radiation, is defined as having a CRI of 100. This is why incandescent lamps have that rating, as they are, in effect, almost black body radiators. The best possible faithfulness to a reference is specified by a CRI of one hundred, while the very poorest is specified by a CRI of zero. A high CRI by itself does not imply a good rendition of color, because the reference itself may have an imbalanced SPD if it has an extreme color temperature.