PDA

View Full Version : Setting your Pricing Structure

4DRSpeed
07-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I don`t post on here very much, I read a lot more of the information and check out a lot of the work that you guy`s have done. I have learned a lot from this site and have done basic details to my own cars and a couple friends cars.

Currently I`m writing out a small plan and wish to do this part time as a mobile detailer. Tomorrow I will be calling all the local shops in the area to see what they are charging for a wash/wax, buffing, etc.

After figuring up your expenses and such, how did you figure up your pricing structure? Did you call local places get an average, place yourself in the middle of the competition, below, above?

What were all the factors that made up your mind on what prices you should set whether it be packages or hourly?

I`m not asking for what you charge or anything that`s none of my business just how you came up with your structure.

Thanks.

-Andrew

imported_JoshVette
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
It all depends on the quality of your work and what you feel that quality and time is worth per hour.

Take that value (example $50 per hour) and figure how long does it take you to wash, clay, wax and do the interior, to your standards?

Let say it takes you 3 hours so charge $150 and make it look dynomite.

The only problem with package pricing is that most cars will be much worse than what you expect them to be and you`ll end up doing more work then what you`re getting paid for.

As for me, I offer high end detailing and I try to set the bar high for myself so I only offer two basic packages and the rest is per hour. Any paint correction or polishing needed to be done is by the hour.

Also don`t forget to include gas costs and such.

Make sure it is worth it for you whatever pricing you decide.

Josh