PDA

View Full Version : SUV Paint Question

Pages : [1] 2

spencer785
07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
okay so i have 2 month old 2008 ford explorer color is black and the other day i used stoners invisible glass and it left a haze so i tried everything cleaning it,scrubing it different cleaners nothing worked so i decidiced to wash the car again well then i saw grease marks all over the paint so i tryed to get it off and could not so i one of my family members said try alochol well i didnt have any but i had hydrogen peroxide and sprayed it all over the entire truck and that got rid of the grease marks but just wondering did i do anything bad to my paint by using hydrogen peroxide please tell me no i cant see anything wrong with the paint just wondering if i damaged it some how please help me Thanks

Backer1
07-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Okay, so I have a 2-month-old black 2008 Ford Explorer. The other day, I used Stoner`s Invisible Glass and it left a haze. I tried everything, cleaning it and scrubing it different cleaners, but nothing worked so I decided to wash the car again. Well, then I saw grease marks all over the paint, so I tried to get it off but could not. One of my family members said try alochol. Well, I didnt have any, but I had hydrogen peroxide. I sprayed it all over the entire truck and that got rid of the grease marks, but I am just wondering - Did I do anything bad to my paint by using hydrogen peroxide? Please tell me no. I can`t see anything wrong with the paint, I`m just wondering if I damaged it somehow. Please help me - thanks!

Holy no punctuation, Batman! Fixed.

To answer your question, your paint should be fine.

Legacy
07-21-2008, 09:45 PM
okay so i have 2 month old 2008 ford explorer color is black and the other day i used stoners invisible glass and it left a haze so i tried everything cleaning it,scrubing it different cleaners nothing worked so i decidiced to wash the car again well then i saw grease marks all over the paint so i tryed to get it off and could not so i one of my family members said try alochol well i didnt have any but i had hydrogen peroxide and sprayed it all over the entire truck and that got rid of the grease marks but just wondering did i do anything bad to my paint by using hydrogen peroxide please tell me no i cant see anything wrong with the paint just wondering if i damaged it some how please help me ThanksI would re wash, use a paint cleaner and rewax. The HP that you used might have removed any and all protection that you had on your paint.

spencer785
02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
When you say protection do you mean like the wax or paint clearcoat. Sorry for opening such an old post.

RonMexico
02-21-2009, 09:22 PM
either a wax (zymol, WG, collinite, etc.), a sealant (like zaino, UPGP, etc.) or the paint UV protection.

white gecko 99
02-21-2009, 10:34 PM
When you say protection do you mean like the wax or paint clearcoat. Sorry for opening such an old post.

Might have removed the wax. Not the clearcoat. You`d have to sand the clearcoat to remove it.

Definately put a new wax or sealant on it. Oh, and don`t buy into the wax once-a-year products ok? :)

JSFM35X
02-22-2009, 06:09 AM
[quote name=`Backer1`]Holy no punctuation, Batman! Fixed.

Very Funny, Commissioner Gordon. You brought me right back to being 10 years old!

spencer785
02-22-2009, 10:44 AM
thanks for all your help guys, one more question tho. i heard that hydrogen proxide can alter you car paint color is this true because i sure hope not. Thanks

spencer785
02-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Bump bump bump

Accumulator
02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
thanks for all your help guys, one more question tho. i heard that hydrogen proxide can alter you car paint color is this true because i sure hope not. Thanks

OK now, this is *just an educated guess* as I have/will never use Hydrogen Peroxide on automotive paint, but here goes:

a) if it changed the color you oughta be able to tell

b) unless the vehicle in question has tinted clear, in order to change the color it`d have to penetrate the clearcoat (to get to the basecoat) and I sure wouldn`t expect that

c) there might be the chance of some cosmetic alteration due to oxidation from the Hydrogen Peroxide. In that case cleaning off the oxidation should fix things

In the future, I wouldn`t recommend trying something on a vehicle without having a good idea what`s gonna happen ;) Imagine if you`d ruined the paint on your nearly-new truck just because you didn`t run out to the store to get the right product for the job...

spencer785
04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
either a wax (zymol, WG, collinite, etc.), a sealant (like zaino, UPGP, etc.) or the paint UV protection.

Just wondering what do you mean by uv protection. like from the wax or does the paint have uv protection from factory and i wrecked it. Thanks

spencer785
04-27-2009, 06:46 PM
anybody know

D.NGUYEN
04-27-2009, 07:48 PM
^ stop worrying, if anything post pics and we`ll tell you. If you can`t tell, most likely nothing happened. You can`t burn clear off easily.

spencer785
04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
no just was wondering what uv protection is, like in the wax or actually part of the paint. Thanks

spencer785
04-28-2009, 11:54 AM
anybody know