PDA

View Full Version : 07 Suburban

LQ9SS
07-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Vehicle specs: 07 Black Suburban, never been polished before I touched it.

So I washed/clayed the vehicle. Then I proceded to prep the vehicle for its first paint correction. When I turned on (2) 500w halogen lights on the vehicles driver side panel, I could see black paint and blotches of a golden/orangish color all over the panel. No, I don`t have pictures, sorry.

Any ideas of what I was witnessing. As I said, this vehicle has never been polished, and these golden/orangish "blotches" were all over the vehicle.

Is this the vehicle primer showing through the paint?

Thanks.

qwertydude
07-21-2008, 10:48 PM
On such a new vehicle I doubt the clear and base wore off. But without pics we can`t make any real guesses.

mazda6i07
07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Possibly rust?? I see some of this on my rear bumper. Dont really know what it is. Good luck on finding it out.

LQ9SS
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
On such a new vehicle I doubt the clear and base wore off. But without pics we can`t make any real guesses.

It is my dads vehicle so I didn`t get pics. It kind of looks like the paint has blotches of gold flake under strong lighting.

VroomVroom
07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Did you see any of the same color transferred to the clay bar? My first guess would be surface contaminants that didn`t come off with the initial treatment. Maybe a follow up under the lights could confirm/deny?

FWIW I can tell you that my `07 was FILTHY when I bought it. I can`t speak to what was on it while it was in transport to the dealer, but it was so loaded with water spots and surface contaminants that I spent nearly two hours with the clay and many more removing the etched spots.

Anyway, just confirming...this is GM`s 041 black, right? Just wanted to check in case there`s some new metallic color in their lineup.