PDA

View Full Version : Which pad for 1Z High Gloss?

jbone
07-21-2008, 02:54 PM
I have been using the Edge white foam polishing pad. I use it to get rid of holograms, however it doesnt seem to get rid of all of them. Am I not using it right or using the wrong pad? Maybe I should go with the 3M UF. Thanks!!

jbone
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
sorry didnt realize this was in the wrong forum:wall

Accumulator
07-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Eh..not really the wrong forum as you`re using it by machine :nixweiss

The holograms might be too severe for the 1Z HG, I`ve run into that before. The HG is, IME/IMO a finishing polish on harder paints, so there`s only so much correction (including holograms) that it can do.

So you might need a more aggressive product before the 1Z HG. IMO the HG is *really* great with a very mild pad for burnishing/jeweling medium-to-hard clear.

jbone
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
thanks for the reply. It seems as though it definitely helped but there were still some left over. I guess 3m UF it is!!!

(It was in the wrong forum earlier and moved)

Accumulator
07-23-2008, 10:00 AM
jbone- It`ll be interesting to see if the Ultrafina works better :think: Note that even though a lot of people here are using Ultrafina as the second of a two-step process, 3M really sells it as the third step of a three-step process.

It`s actually 1Z that has their correction process down to just two products, which get me wondering- what left the holograms that`re too severe for the 1Z HG?