PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s 83?

efnfast
07-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Is 83 too aggressive to use once a year to polish things up? I`ve tried several products and I keep always coming back to green (cyclo)/83 - it just seems to remove the most defects/swirls and finishes out pretty well. I`ve tried following it with 80, but honestly can`t see any difference between the panels that were hit with 83, versus 83 then 80, to be worth the time&effort to go over it again, especailly on lighter colors like silver or yellow.

It`s odd too because from everything I`ve read, 83 should be harder to remove than 80 - but I have no trouble finishing it out and removing the polish, whereas with 80 on some panels it works nicely, others it starts to haze and is a real ***** to remove.

This was today after just green/83......I think it`s a good enough job (especially on black) to be happy with it :nixweiss

http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08290/w1461.jpg

http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08290/w2b376.jpg

steck
07-21-2008, 05:32 AM
i keep going back to #83 too.

it`s a real gem. i remember 1st starting out with a rotary, and #83 would gum up and shoot those little `rubber` pieces everywhere !!

but after some time behind the wheel, #83 never gums for me...its awesome stuff.

efnfast
07-21-2008, 11:23 AM

it`s a real gem. i remember 1st starting out with a rotary, and #83 would gum up and shoot those little `rubber` pieces everywhere !!

but after some time behind the wheel, #83 never gums for me...its awesome stuff.

Have they changed their forumla? When searching I found similar comments about it gumming up and hard to remove, but quite honestly I`ve had 0 problems with it with my cyclo.

Jscort98
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I`ve used 83 and haven`t had any problems with it on the udm. I just use 3 or 4 dots of product on the pad it only dusts a little. I`d say that if you can`t tell any difference between the panels just do 83 and call it a day. I know on my white car I can`t tell.

Bobby G
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I find that if I prime the pad with a shot or two of detail spray I have no dusting at all. I think if you do get dusting you`re probably using too much product.

BlueLibby04
07-21-2008, 11:41 PM

Funny you say that, I was using #80 today with my PC and cannot figure out why they was happening! :cry:

efnfast
07-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Funny you say that, I was using #80 today with my PC and cannot figure out why they was happening! :cry:

This detail #80 was the devil to me - I`d use it and it`d look okay, but then I`d shine a light at it and bam, haze everywhere. Try buffing somemore, still hazey. Try wiping better, still hazy. BLah! :sadpace: