PDA

View Full Version : Which 1 do u prefer: Menzena FPII, Menzerna PO85RD or 3M Ultrafine?

imported_detail1
07-20-2008, 10:28 AM
i already have FPII.

I will be using menzerna IP with PC on the following cars:

1987 garaged black Buick- mint condition paint- a few swirls

2001 no garage- bronze Cadillac- good paint- few spider webs, swirls

1983 no garage- black VW - daily driver - alot of swirls and spider webs

All pads are 4 inch LC CCS

I will be using an orange 4 inch LC pad on PC with IP.

Should I follow up with FPII or shelve the FPII and buy PO85RD or 3M Ultrafine? :confused:

Which do u pefer Menzerna PO85RD or 3M Ultrafine?

Thanks

Frank

I just detailed a white 2007 chevy that had alot of spider webs bc i did not know that drive through car washes actually DESTROY your paint instead of cleaning it!

I used a PC- IP - green pad x2

FPII- white pad

I got alot of the spider webs smaller but it took forever to do this with my PC. Doing 2passes with IP takes alot of time. Do u think I should have used an orange pad intstead? I dont know if my green pad is stronger than the white pad bc I just discovered that LC makes 2 different green pads!

Maybe next year i will buy a Flex or Rotary but for now, how can I get the best results with PC to remove these paint imperfections in the least amount of time.

Thanks

Frank

Accumulator
07-20-2008, 10:53 AM
I just detailed a white 2007 chevy that had alot of spider webs bc i did not know that drive through car washes actually DESTROY your paint instead of cleaning it!

I used a PC- IP - green pad x2

FPII- white pad

I got alot of the spider webs smaller but it took forever to do this with my PC. Doing 2passes with IP takes alot of time. Do u think I should have used an orange pad intstead? I dont know if my green pad is stronger than the white pad bc I just discovered that LC makes 2 different green pads!

Maybe next year i will buy a Flex or Rotary but for now, how can I get the best results with PC to remove these paint imperfections in the least amount of time.

Thanks

Frank

Can`t help with the choice of finishing polish, but when it comes to doing serious correction via PC the new/only game in town is the 3.5" LC Purple Foamed Wool pad. Used with something aggressive (I use 1Z Pasta Intensiv), it`ll do speedy correction that was previously only possible via rotary. It will, of course, require a follow up step or two, but it`ll do correction so well that you might have to remind yourself not to get carried away and thin the clear too much.

But I will say that *two* passes isn`t much...I`ve done dozens of passes before, spent literally *hours* doing a single panel. You won`t need to do that with the PFW pads though :D

imported_detail1
07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
anybody have an opinion?

thanks!