PDA

View Full Version : VMW - is there something wrong?

Bigpikle
07-20-2008, 01:25 AM
I recently bought a bottle of this used, but the consistency is like water, even after a very vigorous shake - is this right?

It is MUCH thinner than RMG etc but hasnt separated in the same way that does. There appears to be a slight residue stuck to the inside surface of the bottle, but the main liquid looks just like a milky thin liquid?

just want to make sure its OK before I start mixing up some pink moose.

many thanks

Eliot Ness
07-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Yes that`s normal, just keep shaking it every now-and-then while you`re using it.

Bigpikle
07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
thanks - was expecting it to be thick and creamier like RMG etc...

thats a relief ;)

Fallz
07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Mine is like that too. It is amzing looking after I did the truck with it. When I applied RMG it seem to take away what VMW put on it really pooped it out , them I topped with CMW and thought the VMW shine would come back but it didn`t . I know its a hand glaze , but why would they call it Vanilla Moose WAX ?? Is there any durability to it ?? does it have wax or polymer in it ? It looks stunning by itself.

steelwind101
07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
VMW does contain wax btw! Appling RMG by hand after it is likely to result in the most of the RMG being removed as dry residue esp. if the paintwork is defect free as the glaze will have no where to go.

RMG will act as lubricant for a pad to polish, and when heated up and applied by machine it will also show some cleaning power, but NOT by hand.

Hmm, i have the Yellow wax too, that gives a really wet, deep look on solid colours and has a strange consistancy!

imported_NeilScarrott
07-29-2008, 05:57 AM
Phew, I thought I`d sold you a dummy for a moment Damon :wavey

Bigpikle
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Phew, I thought I`d sold you a dummy for a moment Damon :wavey

no probs matey - just wanted to check ;)

More than happy :2thumbs:

-Longhorn-
07-29-2008, 03:14 PM
thanks - was expecting it to be thick and creamier like RMG etc...

thats a relief ;)I got one of the very first bottles of VM from its initial product run and it was much thicker then and it actually smelled like vanilla!