PDA

View Full Version : Need an Autopian in Central Florida -- Tampa/Lakeland area

imported_Mighty HD
07-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I have a 98 Grand Am GT 4-door sedan that`s black.

I attempted to begin some buffing this weekend but my arm just won`t let me. I managed to get through using Menzerna IP on the hood a single pass to get some of it cleared up. I couldn`t do much more so I just sealed it with FMJ until I can find a trustworthy individual to get this done.

The paint needs at least 1-2 passes with IP, FP-II and final with FMJ. I was able to do this process a few years back with good success. For some reason the paint is getting a white haze on the hood & roof. A single pass with IP today removed 98% of the white haze.

Is anyone in the Tampa/Lakeland area that can take a look @ this and give me a price? I can supply the Menzerna as I have plenty of IP, FP-II and FMJ.

:buffing:

Old Pirate
07-20-2008, 04:10 PM
There is a meet in lakeland on the 26 of july if you want to go to. Maybe we can see it there and find a solution to fix it for you there. Just go to the Southeast section and sign up for the meet. the host of this meet is John Henry. Hope you can make it there.

imported_Mighty HD
07-20-2008, 05:09 PM
How many are planning on attending? I will have to talk to the Mrs and see if there is any plans that I don`t know about. Hopefully I can find someone in the Lakeland are wiling to wheel this thing for me.

Old Pirate
07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I think about 12 folks are sign up for the meet, but it could be more. Try to make it so a lot of us can see your car and maybe help you out. Tell the Mrs that it`s a golden opportunity to maybe get it fix for you. I`m taking the day off from work to be there, Hope to see you there......Angelo