PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Questions

JimmyTow
07-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I did a car 2 months ago, 2008 Toyota Corolla-Black, SIP and AW. Customer wants me to use Zaino products. Should I use dawn Liq det then Z-7, Z-AIO, Z-5 etc?

I have another customer who wanted Zaino and I explained that Z-AIO won`t correct the issues she had with the paint. She insisted in Zaino so I did as I was asked. NOW she wants the paint corrected...Im thinking SIP --- then Z-AIO which refers to question one again.........

Thanks

Eliot Ness
07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
I think I`d skip the Dawn and just do a Z7 wash before the ZAIO, that should have you pretty well clean and prepped for Z5 or Z2. I can`t find it right now but I had a picture that showed Z7 doing a great job of removing polishing oils.

Sly Bob
07-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Do you need to use Z7 to wash? Could you simply use Meguiars Gold Class soap if you have it in the shop?

tsantoro
07-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Z-PC might have enough corrective ability and the Z2 or Z5 will look better with it than the SIP. Also, you will have to use an IPA wipe down if you want to top the Menz with the Zaino.

fergnation
07-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Jimmy- You should use Dawn if you are going straight to z5 or z2. This will get any remaining wax off the car. Zaino suggests doing this. If you are going to use zaio, then I think you are fine.

Now for the correcting, the SIP should do the job depending on how bad the paint is. For just swirls, the SIP will have enough cut to get the job done. I always do a IPA wipe down after every polish to clean the surface of any oils.

tsantoro- I don`t use ZPC so you might be right also. But Z2 and Z5 will look awesome on any corrected paint no matter what was used.

wascallyrabbit
07-19-2008, 05:42 PM
use whatever you want to do for the paint correction then wash or ipa wipe down then use zaio followed by z5 or z2. zaio will give you a good base for the other z products. if you don`t want to use zaio then you will need to use the zfx to get the the z5, z2 to properly adhere to the paint.

Bert
07-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I did a car 2 months ago, 2008 Toyota Corolla-Black, SIP and AW. Customer wants me to use Zaino products. Should I use dawn Liq det then Z-7, Z-AIO, Z-5 etc?

I have another customer who wanted Zaino and I explained that Z-AIO won`t correct the issues she had with the paint. She insisted in Zaino so I did as I was asked. NOW she wants the paint corrected...Im thinking SIP --- then Z-AIO which refers to question one again.........

Thanks

If the customer wants Zaino, would go this order:

Wash with any good soap, Z-7 is a good soap

Clay with Blue Magic, Mothers, Meguiars (all three OTC) or Zaino`s, doesn`t matter

Compound polish with SIP and a cutting pad

Polish with Nano Polish and a finishing pad

You may want to wash the car to get the polishing oils off

Z-AIO to put down a good base for Z-5

Z-5