PDA

View Full Version : Best way of applying AquaWax

Pages : [1] 2

dotnetdave
07-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Well i now have all the layers of 105 & 111 on the care and cured so tomorrow its time to wash the car with 901 and then an AquaWax wipedown. The problem i have is whats the best way to use AquaWax as i have read the following different methods

1) Rinse the car and mist on panel while still wet and then wipe dry

2) Apply to dry car mist on panel and wipe

3) Apply to a dry car by takeing a 32 oz spray bottle and mixing it 30% water 70% AquaWax.

4) Mix 50% Aquawax and 50% Fast Clean & Shine and mist onto dry panel and wipe.

5) Mix 30% AquaWax and 70% Fast Clean & Shine (use after weekly wash)

6) Mix 30% AquaWax and 70% Marine Detailer (use after weekly wash)

So whats the best method and the pros\cons of each method ? also do you just mist it on and wipe over panel then walk away or does it have to be buffed ?

thanx

dave

trl2112
07-17-2008, 10:44 AM
I use

I think you water it down when misting on a wet panel.

BuffMe
07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I have done it both on wet and dry panels. It works very well both ways. Using it wet just saves time, as you don`t have to dry your car after washing and then apply. You can do both at once.

imported_Denzil
07-17-2008, 11:34 AM
You could always apply it as you`re drying your car so long as there isn`t that much water left on your car`s surface. It saves you the step of drying it and then applying the AW just to dry it again.

Fallz
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
spray & wipe off on a dry car is what i do.

jb1
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I use

I think you water it down when misting on a wet panel.

This is the method I use as well. I haven`t done the mixture with the other detailers. I just choose the one I want to use and it`s usually AW. I realize the others have some cleaning ability but I have been interested in mixing AW & FK425.

thesacrifice
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I do a version of #1 and I do #2

My #1 looks like this. I wash the car and remove most of the moisture with a WW. And then spray AW as I use a standard MF to get it completely dry.

jedovaty
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
#7) spray on towel, wipe on paint

BigAl3
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
spray onto each panel, spread around and buff off...

citizen arcane
07-17-2008, 06:14 PM
There must be as many processes as Autopians!

#7) spray on towel, wipe on paint

I use a modified version of this: spray on mf poshing towel to prime then a squirt or two on a dry panel,wipe then buff. I tried applying to a 70% blown dried car but the damp ww kinda spread it around without really drying it, giving the car a hazy look.

beastie
07-18-2008, 06:24 AM
#3 is the best way out of those listed. It comes out grabby on first wipe stroke then it releases your mf towel and you just about fall off the car it`s so slick. I call it "spit-shining" aquawax.

Suki22
07-18-2008, 06:39 AM
spray onto each panel, spread around and buff off...

+1 ^^^^^^^^^:2thumbs:

Mark77
07-18-2008, 06:40 AM
2) But I usually spray it on the towel and just wipe it on the car when dry. A little goes a long way. Using it when wet means you will get wax on the drying towel which makes it less absorbent IME.

It is great for wheels also, much easier and faster than using a regular wax, and you can do it after every wash.

Fallz
07-20-2008, 01:18 PM
2) But I usually spray it on the towel and just wipe it on the car when dry. A little goes a long way. Using it when wet means you will get wax on the drying towel which makes it less absorbent IME.

It is great for wheels also, much easier and faster than using a regular wax, and you can do it after every wash.

I also use it on my factory clear coated wheels , they look stunning and much easier to use than a wax. . About 2x per year I hit them with a 105 , but AW them frequently.

B/T92Miata
07-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I usually spray a panel, wipe with a MF towel, and then buff lightly with a second MF towel. On the nose of the car, I`ll let the AW sit a little and get a little hazy and then I`ll remove.

I haven`t used the 50/50 AW/FC&S method yet.