PDA

View Full Version : Green LC pad?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_sal329
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Where do these fit in? Say I correct with an Orange pad, would I go to green with less aggresive polish then finish with a finish polish and white pad?

hitachi
07-14-2008, 07:46 PM
IMO the orange, white and black are just more commonly used, the orange pad to correct, white to polish and the black to finish.

But ultimately it depends on which product you`ll be using. Different products can produce different results with different pads.

What products are you gonna use?

imported_sal329
07-14-2008, 09:17 PM
I have been using Orange, white, black and blue. I just now have noticed the green pad. I use Prima swirl or Danase SA with Orange pad, then follow with a white pad, use DWG or Amigo with black and LSP with blue.

backwoods_lex
07-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I have yet to try the green pad, but I know there have been times where one would have come in handy when the paint needed more than a white pad but less than an orange.

motobuild
07-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Which green pad are you talking about? Autogeek`s green LC pad is different than CMA`s green LC pad.

imported_sal329
07-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Right now I use thr 5.5" LC CCS pads from autogeek CCS foam buffing pads,foam polishing pads,lake country foam pads,foam polisher pads,buffer pads,lake county pads,porter cable pads,pads for air sander (http://autogeek.net/ccs-5-5inch-foam-buffing-pads.html)

But I think i will be gettin an assortment of the 4" pads Spot Buffing 4 inch pads - 30% thicker than the Low Profile Spot Buffs! (http://autogeek.net/4inch-spot-buffs.html)

aboveclean
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I use a green pad with Poli-Seal

backwoods_lex
12-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Figured I`d bump this instead of starting a new thread.

Autogeek has green LC pads that are described as polishing/finishing, but LC`s website has the green pad`s aggressiveness between a orange and white pad (versus between white and black pad as AG has it listed). Using a PC, I`ve definitely run into finishes that needed more than a white pad but less than an orange. I`d really like to try the green if it fits in this category.

Mark77
12-15-2008, 02:01 AM
I use a green pad with Poli-Seal

Me too, seems to correct pretty well if the paint only has minor marring.

Jokeman
12-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I bought some of the LC green pads from Detailers Domain. Pretty much not impressed with these. I was thinking they were going to be more like the German green pads from CMA. Also put them next to the American buffing pads that a fellow autopian had purchased, from now on no more LC pads for me.

Junebug
12-15-2008, 07:26 AM
I like the LC green CCS pad for applying ZAIO, it feels a step down from the white pad but not as soft as the blue. Whatever, worked for me.

Todd@RUPES
12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Okay to clarify there are THREE different green pads from Lake Country.

Autogeek:

Coarse Cutting- Autogeek used to (I don`t see it anymore) sell a course, yellow pad like green foam on their larger (7.5 inch and more) foam pads. This cuts coarse green pad cuts slightly less the yellow and finishes roughly the same. It never caught might be why it is not listed by AG anymore.

Finer Green Foam (autogeek)- This foam (by AG`s chart) is between white and gray in both cut and finish. It will not finish as nice as gray (but very close) not will it cut as much as a white (but very close). It fits the gap inbetween.

Class Motoring/Proper Auto Care

Finer Green Foam (cma)- This foam fits inbetween the orange and white pads, although the cut is closer, IMO, to white. However, this is my favorite pad because it finshes nicer (again IMO/IME) then the white pad. I use this pad almost exclusively with SIP and find it to finish the SIP almost LSP ready (allowing me the luxury to go right to final polishing/jeweling step). This is my favorite pad with this product. I would say that it finishes as well as the AG green fine cut foam while providing more cut.

Using a PC, I`ve definitely run into finishes that needed more than a white pad but less than an orange. I`d really like to try the green if it fits in this category.

I never used the CMA version for with a PC (although given that it cuts more then white and finishes out better) it probably would be perfect for what you are looking for.

I like the LC green CCS pad for applying ZAIO, it feels a step down from the white pad but not as soft as the blue. Whatever, worked for me.

For June`s application (a chemical/abrasive all in one) the AG version is probably the better bet because less cut=less heat=less problems with ZAIO and most other AIO`s.

So there is no best, but for what I do most, I prefer the CMA version.

Lumadar
12-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Class Motoring/Proper Auto Care

Finer Green Foam (cma)- This foam fits inbetween the orange and white pads, although the cut is closer, IMO, to white. However, this is my favorite pad because it finshes nicer (again IMO/IME) then the white pad. I use this pad almost exclusively with SIP and find it to finish the SIP almost LSP ready (allowing me the luxury to go right to final polishing/jeweling step). This is my favorite pad with this product. I would say that it finishes as well as the AG green fine cut foam while providing more cut.

Todd-

This is the one commonly referred to as "German green," correct? I believe this is the same green that Rick at ADS sells as well. It has a slightly beveled edge, and is a hair thinner than the CCS pads IIRC.

Correct me if I am wrong...

wannafbody
12-15-2008, 05:46 PM
This is what I find confusing- the german green, red and black or gray all are 60 PPI. I`m assuming their deflection rates are slightly different but don`t they all do pretty much the same thing? Can LC chime in?

Bunky
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
This is what I find confusing- the german green, red and black or gray all are 60 PPI. I`m assuming their deflection rates are slightly different but don`t they all do pretty much the same thing? Can LC chime in?

I got an email from Eric Dunn at LC on this subject after one encyclopedia like poster used to claim thos PPI was the only thing that mattered.

Organizing foams by porosity is not exactly correct. Porosity is the easy way, but, I can have 2 foams of the same porosity and feel completely different. The correct way is called CLD (compression load deflection). It is actually the measurement of how long the foam take to regain shape after under certain pressure. The non-Autogeek green should be followed up by white.