PDA

View Full Version : Hi Temp safe wheel cleaner?

dsms
07-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Found this stuff over on top of the line and it seems pretty interesting. Non acidic and safe for all wheels is how its advertised, seems like a bargain at about $20 for 1 gal. Opinions on this product anyone? I know it says non acidic but could that mean its a strong base instead because that can still be harmful to uncoated or chrome wheels.

imported_shine
07-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I`ve wondered the same; specifically how it would compare to P21S as far as safeness.

dsms
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I`ve wondered the same; specifically how it would compare to P21S as far as safeness.

Thats what im looking for an alternative for.

brwill2005
07-15-2008, 07:24 AM
It is in fact an acid, just not a strong one. It contains Oxalic and phosphoric acids, as well as alcohol. It foams nicely and is good for moderate brake dust, but will not remove heavy deposits.

AudiOn19s
07-15-2008, 07:39 AM
I usually find the Hi-temp line to be very good for no more than they cost...but the "safe" wheel cleaner was horrible in my opinion. Didn`t perform well as a wheel cleaner at all. Went back to Eagle One All wheel cleaner.

dsms
07-15-2008, 10:49 AM
I usually find the Hi-temp line to be very good for no more than they cost...but the "safe" wheel cleaner was horrible in my opinion. Didn`t perform well as a wheel cleaner at all. Went back to Eagle One All wheel cleaner.

Is eagle one non acidic?