PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Blowing

blownvert
07-14-2008, 11:40 AM
So you can dry most of the car will this and get out the water in the hidden cracks, side mirrors and so on. But what if your that person that does spray wax every other week and alternates with SD when the car is just washed and it is wet ready for drying. How are you going to dry it off with spray wax or QD if you are not wiping?

Weed Eater WEB150

Walmart.com : Weed Eater WEB150 Electric Blower : Lawn & Garden Supplies (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4910793)

BigAl3
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
follow up with the QD or spray wax after you`ve dried and used the leaf blower...

Suki22
07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
follow up with the QD or spray wax after you`ve dried and used the leaf blower...

^^^^+1...thats what I do.........

blownvert
07-14-2008, 12:25 PM
So i dont know how good of a job blowing it completely dry with the blower, but it doesnt need to be completely dry to follow it up with QD or MF. So then im not going to use a WW then to wipe down QD or spray wax?

imported_Detailing Technology
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I stopped using this method as it blows contaminants from the ground on to the paint.

If the ground all around the vehical is very wet, this isnt much of an issue.

haper
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
i use an electric leaf blower now, don`t remember the MPH. but i`m thinking of switching to this one ($30) as its cordless, it has 120 MPH vs. 150 MPH as the one you linked. can anyone comment if this would be strong enough for the car. i know cordless has its limits but the power should hold up for the 5 mins it takes to do the car, no?

RYOBI 18V Blower - P2100A at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100615529&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&PID=1319015&cm_mmc=CJ-_-shopping_com-_-D28X-_-100615529&cpncode=17-13463860-2&URL=http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BuildLinkToHomeDepot?linktype=product&id=100615529&cm_mmc=CJ-_-shopping_com-_-D28X-_-100615529&AID=10368321&cj=true&srccode=cii_13736960)

Eliot Ness
07-14-2008, 12:59 PM
So i dont know how good of a job blowing it completely dry with the blower, but it doesnt need to be completely dry to follow it up with QD or MF. So then im not going to use a WW then to wipe down QD or spray wax?The better the LSP is on the vehicle (slick) the easier it is to get the water off with a blower. On a neglected car with no recent LSP I wouldn`t even bother getting a leaf blower out. A smaller blower is handy in those cases to get the water out of nooks/crannies and wheels/tires.

When I used to use a leaf blower I never tried to get the vehicle 100% dry. I would just get the majority of the water off (and out of the nooks and crannies) and then follow up with some QD and a WW.
......I did not really do sheeting off because i have shut off valve on with fire hose nozzle. I would have to go back to spicket turn the water down then come back take off everything, well i have to unscrew shut off valve to be complete off. Lazy :) ..................If you`re too lazy to turn your water off to remove your nozzle to do a sheet rinse then you`re gonna hate having to get out the extension cord and leaf blower.

Eisen Hulk
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Hahahaha!!! :grinno:

The better the LSP is on the vehicle (slick) the easier it is to get the water off with a blower. On a neglected car with no recent LSP I wouldn`t even bother getting a leaf blower out. A smaller blower is handy in those cases to get the water out of nooks/crannies and wheels/tires.

When I used to use a leaf blower I never tried to get the vehicle 100% dry. I would just get the majority of the water off (and out of the nooks and crannies) and then follow up with some QD and a WW.If you`re too lazy to turn your water off to remove your nozzle to do a sheet rinse then you`re gonna hate having to get out the extension cord and leaf blower.

BigAl3
07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
So i dont know how good of a job blowing it completely dry with the blower, but it doesnt need to be completely dry to follow it up with QD or MF. So then im not going to use a WW then to wipe down QD or spray wax?

i use the leaf blower to blow out water from wheels, wells, wiper blades, vents, headlights/taillights, emblems, seams/cracks, etc. i never use it as a complete drying tool (use it in conjunction with a waffle weave/mf drying towel), and if you sheet the water off, you`ll minimize over 50% of the water that needs to be dried off...

p.s. the 150 mph from walmart is more than adequate, and worth every penny it costs... :up

blownvert
07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
hahahahahaha