PDA

View Full Version : Water based Vinyl and Rubber dressings?

pwaug
07-12-2008, 07:06 AM
It`s my understanding you should use water based dressings in the engine compartment. Am I correct? Megs has Hyper Dressing, but you must buy it by the gallon. Does anyone know of any OTC Vinyl and Rubber dressings that come in smaller quantities?

Thanks!!

Big Leegr
07-12-2008, 07:31 AM
I think most would be by now (VOC rules etc.) The current Armor All and Mothers Protectant (formerly "Preserves") are both water based, as a couple examples.

wfedwar
07-12-2008, 07:58 AM
I like 303 and Satin Prot for engines because they aren`t greasy at all. The 303 can be found at some hardware and boating stores.

Edwards944
07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Turtle wax has a good one. I seen it at walmark. just spray it on and let it set for a while and then wipe off any that aint dryed up. i bought a bottle of it and put it on the engine and inside on the seats. my girlfreind said it stained her short pants but you couldn`t tell because they were black. black like coal. i`m going to put it on the tires and the dashboard this afternoon. i`ll let you no how it looks. the main thing to look for is shine. even if it gets on your pants i think it will wash off.