PDA

View Full Version : Help with interior stain

Suki22
07-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I just noticed a small stain on the interior lining of my roof. I don`t know how it got there...I only drive this vehicle...I can only assume it came from the drelership when I brought it in for a minor repair. It is small and looks like faded dirt but it also has a faint ring around it like a water mark. Should I use Meg. APC 10:1 ? The car is a 2007 G35....the interior lining on the roof is a light grey microfiber looking material.....

Sorry no pics...my camera is getting repaired.............

Thanks...........

brwill2005
07-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Use a foam interior cleaner so that the headliner does not get too wet. I like Stoner`s Carpet and Upholstery cleaner for this. Spray the foam on MF, rather than the headliner it self.

imported_smprince1
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Use a foam interior cleaner so that the headliner does not get too wet. I like Stoner`s Carpet and Upholstery cleaner for this. Spray the foam on MF, rather than the headliner it self.

I 2nd this approach. You don`t want to saturate the headliner and I`ve had good luck with these foam type interior cleaners on headliners.

Lightly agitatate with a very soft tipped brush or MF. These types of stains are typically not tough heavy-duty, ground in grimy type stuff and lift out relatively easily.

jayjacque
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I`ve had Magic Eraser fix that before. Can`t say I know it works all the time. Same principle though, to not get it soaked very much

Suki22
07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys....I have a foam carpet/upholstery cleaner I will try tomorrow morning....thanks..........